Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SANY Excavators

pomanski ยท 2007-07-17 19:44

We are new kids on the block with heavy equipment from China. Looking for soem feedback or questions on SANY. Further, say you were going to buy a unit what questions would you need answered. What would it take to prove our point on the questions. Looking for some help?

Replies16
  1. #1biggixxerjim2007-07-17 20:22

    does it make General Tso's???

  2. #2CM19952007-07-17 20:48

    I prefer Kung Pao chicken - no peanuts.

  3. #3Grader4me2007-07-17 21:20

    My god Hang in there pomanski...We like to share some good humor before it gets into the serious stuff. Welcome to the forum!

  4. #4Countryboy2007-07-17 21:32

    Welcome to HEF pomanski! :drinkup

  5. #5Jeff D.2007-07-17 21:38

    Yes, welcome Pomanski!!:drinkup I don't know if it's allowed since you're a dealer, but if so, could you post a link to pics/info on the machines so we could see them? Might be able to decide what questions we'de have better then.:beatsme

  6. #6Wulf2007-07-17 22:02

    Yaaa... I'm old enough to remember the same jokes about Toyota and Sony

  7. #7Countryboy2007-07-17 22:57

    Well, it appears your help is pretty easy on the eyes. link Here's a couple questions pomanski: What makes your equipment better than the big names out there? How is your after-purchase support? How many dealers and repair places are in your network? These are some of the bigger questions you should expect to be asked although there are plenty more. I personally have never heard of that brand. Are yall trying to break into the equipment market? link

  8. #89420pullpan2007-07-17 23:29

    why cant they have a few more ladies like that at the Con-Expo

  9. #9Dickie2007-07-18 04:36

    I'd certainly consider taking the risk of new-market machines. Along with the questions pointed out previously, I'd also like to know what sets Sany apart from the other Chinese-manufactured equipment available to me (JonYang, Yuchai, etc.). Who is the engine manufacturer, as well? I think many people, myself incuded, would be hesistant to pull the trigger on a new machine without a reputable engine in it. Just a thought, and good luck in this venture!

  10. #10LowBoy2007-07-18 06:30

    I'm sure they've done their R&D in the marketplace, and most likely are powered by a common mill like Mitsubishi, etc. Can't be any more different than taking a risk on a Holla excavator...:beatsme Pumps, components, etc. are usually commonplace as well.

  11. #11Dickie2007-07-18 06:39

    Oh, I am sure you are right, heaven knows that the Cummins 5.9 sure gets around! But I have seen a few units with engine/component makers that I cannot even pronounce. As stated prior by someone else, after-sale support I think would be A1 important (and judging by your 'assistants' you've nailed the pre-sale support, hehe).

  12. #12LowBoy2007-07-18 06:59

    If I were to buy one of these Sany's...do I get one of those "support people" for a spotter? If so, where do I sign?:beatsme

  13. #13BrianHay2007-07-18 07:02

    http://www.sany.com.cn/zg/english/sys/default.jsp?qxid=010203&sjid=010203 The specs look good on em. Cummins power

  14. #14pomanski2007-07-18 11:57

    What is special about SANY Few things I think make the equipment sort of stand out relative to other Heavy Machine guys out of Asia. 1. They use standardized internationally recognized compopnets in the assembly of the machine a) Tier3 American Cummins Egine b) Kawasaki Hydraulics c) Siemens Controls many more item but here are just a few 2. SANY is almost anal rententive about the quality of the machines, we need to get them infront of people. Anybody so far that has seen or been behind the controls have been impressed or very satisfied 3. pricing reflects the low assebly costs out of China 4. In foreign markets they have a very goos reputation where the machines are put to much harder use than here. 5. We are looking at outside service as well we have an internal SANY trained mechanic

  15. #15cat3202007-07-18 15:31

    let them send out a loader for the winter. that will get the name out there .

  16. #16surfer-joe2007-07-18 19:03

    Yep! The eye candy looks pretty good. The ladies aren't bad neither...