Recently, Ontario's first SANY (Chinese) excavator dealer opened up in the middle of nowhere - East Garafraxa (where I live). There was one machine in the yard - a brand new SANY 210C. Here are my impressions of the machine: The Good: -Cummins engine, should be reliable -Roomy, comfortable cab -You can actually see the computer screen in the cab without glare -Very soft, easy, low-effort controls (the lightest I've ever seen) -Very smooth (just as smooth as a Komatsu) -Clean machine layout without tons of clutter everywhere like in my Deere -Very low price - with a list price of $115,000 CAD, it costs half that of a comparable CAT/Deere/Hitachi/Volvo/Komatsu/whatever The Bad: -The pump was noisy and had an unpleasant sound. The salesman said it was a Rexroth, and the brochure said it was a Kawasaki. Whatever it was, I didn't like it. -The switches to the right of the seat and the throttle dial felt cheap and plasticky -(Very minor) The throttle dial was rather stiff -I'm not certain about this (it could have just been the noisy bad sounding pump), but the computer seemed to be playing with the engine more than I like -(Minor) The literature was written in Changlish (bad computer translation of Chinese to English) -The boom and stick appeared rather thin for the machine's size. The salesman said that they use better steel than CAT and Deere, but I don't trust Chinese metal. -Despite the salesman's claims that it was very fast and that it would outdig a CAT or Deere, it wasn't really all that fast. I doubt that my 10 year old JD 200LC would have any difficulty outdigging it What do you guys think of SANY machines? Are they any good?
if they are anything like machines coming into australia from china(never heard of sany, but they are probably all just rebadged) they are terrible. I was at rbauction one day and a brand new grader rocked up on a float(it was the same brand as the chinese excavators over here), no one wanted to drive it off. Its brakes didnt feel safe and it wabbled. Just my 2cents anyway
I can't understand why anyone would buy a foreign made machine or a foreign brand machine made in the country that they live in. All that does is destroy the economy of the country that the buyers live in. The japanese have destroyed the U.S. auto industry. Toyota's quality finally caught up with their BS, and if the auto consumer had any brains at all they would trade in all the jap autos and buy from companies that have been building cars for 75 years or more. Why do you think the economy is in such bad shape? Dont buy japanese, Chinese, or Korean, let them worry about their own economy. Let them sell their junk in their own country.:usa
The good point is that it is cheaper, and can probably do the job. With that said how are parts going to be in 5-10-20yrs? I was looking at a 1993 IHI IS 55 UX{believe that is the correct model #} the machine seemed decent BUT parts are hard to find and because it was a grey market {never sold in the US} dealers looked cross eyed when I asked about it. I own a chinese tractor and feel it is a very good little machine especially for what I paid. The problem is {or will be} simply popularity{in the US} and parts down the road. The way I look at it, EVERY machine had to start somewhere, where it ends up is allmost anybody's quess. While it is in its 1st yrs of life many things can happen to cause it to go from "in the top 5" or completely fall out of existence. JMO
Thats OK if you live in America.
The only problem with this thought is that the American company power heads have over charged for their product and screwed the American consumer so bad it all ends up BS in the end. Not to mention there is no such thing as American made anymore, just open the hood of most anything. Why does the government put in GOD we trust on $$$ bills......... GOVERNMENT OBESSED with DICTATORSHIP !!!!! Our government is a corperation and sleeps with american corporations {among others} that is what has happened to the country. Career politicains greed etc are what is bringing this country down.
The american company has to charge more because it cost them more to produce products in this country. Health insurance, EPA regulations, OSHA, safety standards, benefits all add to the cost of products. Whats a company to do when its cheaper to buy a product built and shipped from china than you buy just the components in the US?
It does not help that people will not buy from American companies who make their products in this country. And the American companies that build their products in a country like china did not help the economy either. A U.S. young adult can not even live at home today on a china mans wage. Our friends in washington sleep with anyone who will give them some cash. Why is it illegal for women to do that?
Wow Rant much?
Does anyone know if Sany has completed it's North American headquarters and production facility in Georgia? http://www.sanyamerica.com/about-sany-america.php
Is that make OR put together? If You could buy basically the same machine just change the label and have it built elsewhere cheaper what would you do? I don't believe it is fair nor right for a corporation to overcharge just because they fly a :usa over the product they're selling. Being a vet I feel it is insulting and a missuse of the :usa agree. Not only that they overcharged the US consumer so they could move to ____ to do just that. wages have a lot do to with issue's we are having in this country. Most folks want their piece of pie but won't go near the kitchen to get it. And there you have it, the real problem with our nation. :drinkup
Hahaha, no doubt.
i live in a small town, 20k people....yet, i see people i know who work in manufacturing facilities here....that race to get to walmart to buy the cheap sheet made in china....you have to get the idea in the minds of the end user, let the foreign products sit on the shelf....forget the corporations, they'll manufacture, ship, sell....anything we want as long as there's a profit with it...don't we all want a profit? WE, as consumers, need to take the stance of flipping items over on the shelf and see where the nation of manufacture is...i'm guilty, as i'm sure about everyone here is. i have a hyundai and case excavator. we know where they were made.
i"ve been to a sany dealer here....seem to be nice machine!! but don"t have the chance to try it however!! and for "sultan"...rexroth is a brand name from kawasaki, so any worry there... would not be scary to own one i guess....
How long would it take us to stand there and flip products? in the end we'd go home with nothing :tong
A friend of mine works for a company somewhere in Texas, I cant rememeber their name but they had a new manager that bought a Sany and another chinese combination roller. He said the hoe was stout but th boom breaks and all the buttons and dial are broken. He said a hammer finished it off. The roller lasted a bit longer and will make a nice towed unit when cut up.
Rexroth is a part of the Bosch group, not Kawasaki.
I guess these observations were right
If enough people will buy that junk the chinese will have enough money to improve their products just like the japanese did in the auto industry. Those first Toyotas were real pieces of S_ _T, and the newer ones aren't much better. They have had some of the biggest recalls in automotive history. I saw some Subaru's in the 70's, they were real garbage. Nissan's were Datsun back in the 60's, they changed their name for some reason or another. A friend bought a Honda back in the 70's or 80's, smoked worse than any half a dozen American cars put together that I have seen. Where I work they bought some Chinese steel, flat bar 1/2 inch by 1" and 1/4 the measurement varied by 1/4 of an inch on the other end of a 12 foot stick. I am guessing they bought some worn out equipment from a U.S. steel maker. After they sell enough junk steel they will buy new equipment and sell dimentional steel cheaper than it can be produced in the U.S. Americans who buy all the foreign stuff they can wonder why unemployment is so high. If someone comes to my house to sell me something and they are driving a japanese or korean car, they just wasted a trip.
along with all of their reverse engineering
:usaI have ranted and raved on here in the past about the crap quality of everything which comes from china be it tooth paste, pet food or construction equipment. I first became involved with the chinese in the mid 1980's installing steel mill equipment there which they purchased here. Some of it was used, some was new. They turned out sh-- quality in everything than and still do now. There has been no improvement along those lines ever since they started. The Japs and Koreans were head and shoulders ahead in quality twenty five years into the game, but not so the chinese. There crap is just as much junk now as it was when they started sticking their nose into heavy manufacturing a quarter century ago. If you buy their sh-- you should have your head examined. Cheap price for this stuff means cheap sh-- products which don't match up. Same is true of the repowered and repainted Cat dozers they have bought over here, taken back to the homeland and pushed back out. The simple fact is you get what you pay for. Cheap price, cheap junk. I can imagine how this crap will do in meeting emissions and OSHA standards in this country.
I have 5 Sany 210 excavators that i have bought and have been running them for 4yrs now and i have not had no major issuses with them they run great and get the job done i look at it this way it saved me almost 100k that i put back in my pocket so for all you guys trying to put the sany brand down why dont you try one before you make judgements on them
they say the same **** they told 20 years ago when the korean begun to build machinery...who will be next!!! they don"t even tested them and when i mean "tested" its not just playing 20 minutes with the machine!!! they have probably some chinese parts on their "cat" from sub contractor, but since they have "cat decals" on their iron then its ok... i know here at montreal, a compagny who bought a sany excavator..a SY310C2..and they told that they are pleased with it....and of course they"ve passed all emission (tier3) you have a very open minded....impressive! here my exemple!! when i bought my doosan 225 lcv i have saved about 30000.00 buck compaire to the other "stream brand" and never had any problem with it!! same pump...rexroth or kawasaki who care today?? about same engine (doosan make their own engine since 30 years+) no problem on parts invalaibility....overall made the sames jobs with $$$ in my pocket right at the start!! oh, sure the resale value will be lower but don"t care since i"ve paid less from the begining... so don"t bother me with "your get for what you paid"... i"m working for money and my pocket, so if a compagny is willing to help me for making money (who ever it is) more quickly, then its welcome! this is why my next purchase will be this manufacturer again who will be willing to help me about "the easiest way to make money and rentability"....
A Doosan is nothing likea sanny, they have been around for ages and now have a fairly reliable machine. I always up for buying cheaper equipment, ie why buy a $1000 tv when you can get one for $200 that is a no brand, but when you start spending that sort of money is when it starts to bother me. If you go to sell a 4 year old sanny you will get nothing for it compared to a cat, komatsu, hitachi and ect. Nick
i agree....the machine will not have a big resale value...but since you paid less (very less) my only point, is that sany and even liugong are not "junk" just because we think everything that come from china are junk...they have the same engine like komatsu..(cummins 6.7) all same emission..same pumps!!! i"m agree that the control quality can be a bit lower especially inside the cab for example....but for the price these details can be forget anyway....personally i didn"t saw much difference inside the cab..the display seem very nice!!
what is the high cost for low prices? slave labor? enviromental accountability?
sany has slave labor, and are environmental bandits? i've never read anything to that effect. would you possibly have a link to that info? thanks!
Censorship is alive and well in China. You won't find much if anything on the internet that would possitively and conclusively support those claims. If they've got infant formula so laced with hormones that it has caused over 300,000 documented cases of hyper premature puberty and infant breast developement, what would lead an open minded person to believe that they have any standards for anything else they produce? :beatsme
that's really sad, but hormones in infant formula has nothing to do with the accusation that Sany has slave labor, or is an environmental b*****d. until it can be proven otherwise, don't we have to assume, that is not the case?
this is why big corporative like "CAT" or komatsu have most of their sub-contractor in china, and even plant there... http://china.cat.com/cda/components/fullArticle?m=60188&x=7&id=2200823 they are very smart...and don"t blame them so much, they just doing the opposite from what you wrote...low cost for them for high price for consumer!! the only difference between you and them...is that you put patriotist first..they put money first, patriotist doesn"t mean anything anymore today for business....money have no smell,and everywhere!! this is the new Globalization! and is here to stay!!
patriotism aside all one has to ask is how a company can sell their product for tens of thousands of dollars less than a domestic competitor.what restrictions are in place for one not the other? its ok to support communisim if it saves you a buck ?:usa
Here is a picture of Sany 210 works in the Netherlands.
Almost everything we touch is made in China. China owns the majority of our national debt so like it or not yes we are indirectly supporting Communism regardless of who's excavator you buy. If you go to ConExpo this Spring, check out the Chinese iron. I found it interesting last ConExpo. You talk about reverse engineering? Its unreal. So you ask how can the Chinese make something and sell it for so much less. Thats easy. Very little R&D, no need to. The company that your copying your machine from did the vast majority of it for you. The facts are they are able to produce goods far cheaper than anywhere else in the world. The reasons are many but that is reality. On quality, the Chinese are not stupid. They will ramp up their QC knowing that Chinese QC has a poor reputation. Especially in Heavy Equipment, where poor quality is immediately apparent. I would not discount these machines, they will continue to ramp up until they are able to match any other OEM in quality. Just from looking at their stuff from three years ago (ConExpo) they are not there yet, but I look forward to seeing their current machines. They are not going to stand still that I am sure of.
I wouldn't assume anything either way without conclusive facts to back it up. I think it's more important to ask questions and learn the truth. The original post you were referring to was in the form of a question. I think it's a question that deserves to be asked. If somebody takes the time to look into Sany's operations and they check out okay, then hooray for them.
KSSS have well resumed the situation!! big corporative like "CAT" where the first to play the game...we just tend to follow their example..like it or not, communisim will be still there tough it begun to weaken!! like i said, money have no smell no territory limit....so why to not take advantage of this?? if it make your business of course....just take a look of the sany pics above...don"t tell me that this iron cannot doing a job... its just a personal mind...
bu makinalar hakkında teknik domuan varmı aceba??
Agreed. Thats not possible in most countries of the world.
I just realized that SANY completely ripped the design off the Komatsu -8 excavators. They used the exact same cab interior, and exact same body panels as the PC200-8 in the 210C. The feel of the hydraulics was exactly the same as a Komatsu, so they probably used the same valves and pilot controls etc. The pump sounded like a worn out dying Komatsu, and the machine felt slower than a Komatsu, so they are probably using a crappy chinese pump and calling it a "Kawasaki Rexroth." It seems SANYs are rebranded counterfeit Komatsus... but they will probably be alright for light duty work. P.S. The cab door does appear different than Komatsu, and the boom and stick appear weaker and thinner on SANY machines.
Oh, the copying is worse than I expected. Look at the following pictures of a Komatsu PC200-7 and the SANY SY215C8M. The SANY is exactly the same, except for the railing and the stick. Same cab, same undercarriage, same feel when operating... just with a bad sounding pump, thinner boom, different stick, and lower quality materials. Plus a bigger computer screen in the cab. They even put the exact same warning stickers on the SANY as the Komatsu (the warning stickers are not shown in the shown marketing image for the PC200, but they are there and the same on the actual machine).
WOW they do look alike they might be cheaper and do the job but im sticking to my Hitachi/Deere just my preferance. Not to knock them or any one who buys one.
they look alike...but that was the former model...i"ve checked on their website and now its the "8" serie... sy210c-8 is the current model.. the 7 serie was a cheapest copy of the lc-7 serie from komatsu...but the current model doesn"t look like the komatsu lc-8 serie...i dont think that they have rebranded the pump... they want to build their market like the other manufacturer.... maybe it just a matter of opinion?? i"ve saw one working last spring..and didn"t saw or heard a bad sounding pump at all...
It could have just been a bad unit that I tried. The pump sounded like a growling racoon . It had a clicking grr sound with some high pitched squealing mixed in. Worst sounding pump I've ever heard in a new excavator. I once tried a dying old Komatsu PC400-5 (with 11k hrs) that made the same kind of unpleasant sound and I concluded that the pump was about to go on the Komatsu. The unit I tried was the newer variant that you showed a picture of. The cab interior was an still exact cheap feeling copy of Komatsu, and the undercarriage was still Komatsu-esque, but they changed the cab exterior. The machine also lacked niceties that are present in the Komatsu such as remote mounted engine oil filter and an oil drain valve. P.S. The Komatsu imitation SANY 215C seems mechanically the almost the same as the current 210C, and looks better than the current one.
maybe....but anyway,while i was "googling" on the web..i"ve saw that they will introduce soon the new 9 serie... here the link... http://en.beijingxlhj.com/SANY-SY215C-8-live-photos they improve their stuff, they show that they are serious player..
SANY's quick. They listened to my advice and restored the Komatsu cab in the Dash 9 models... and made the boom red. The other 2 changes are boosting the engine by 3 HP and making the counterweight 200kg heavier. They also put the idlers at the back in the Dash 9 brochure photo to disguise the identical undercarriage. http://www.sany.com.cn/products/zh-cn/excavating/SY215C_9.htm# They probably do their job, and you can't complain much given the price, but the differences between the Dash -7, -8, and -9 models are quite small.
with all respect....your pic is a dash-7...if you look at my link, its not the same model at all..
No, it is a Dash-9. The dash-7s had a yellow boom, while this has a red boom. I took the photo from the Dash-9 spec brochure. The pictured red boom machine is a full 760kg heavier than the Dash-7 and has 6 more hp. The first machine I showed (the one with the yellow boom and Komatsu cab) is a dash-7. However, you're right that the machine in my picture does look a bit different than in the pics you found. The stairs and light on the right side of the machine seem different in your photos. I don't know why. P.S. The yellow boom Tier 2 Komatsu Cab one that I'd expect to be a -7 is marketed as SY215-8 The other current model you showed is the SY210-8 P.S. #2: Specs for SY215C8M: http://product.21-sun.com/proDetail/SY215C8M.shtm These specs are exactly the same as the SY210C-8, but the machine has a Komatsu cab Specs for SY215-9 (the kind I found): http://product.21-sun.com/proDetail/SY215C-9.shtm P.S. #3: It seems the SY210C-8 is the export version of the SY215C8M, with a different cab exterior (to get around patents maybe?) Perhaps the pictures you have are of the export variant of the SY210C-9 I found. I'm just guessing.
I've been looking at chinese excavators and trying to decipher their model numbers but I'm getting more and more confused. At least I found more cool machines. Anyways, here are some cool looking machines I found. Green Komatsu Impersonator: http://en.beijingxlhj.com/XCG-210LC-8-photos Giant SANY: http://en.beijingxlhj.com/SANY-SY2000C-live-photos LiuGong Excavator: http://en.beijingxlhj.com/LIUGONG-CLG225C-photos The LiuGong resembles the SANY 210C but has less horsepower and has a sturdier looking stick and boom. For more chinese excavator photos: http://en.beijingxlhj.com/photogallery/crawler-excavators P.S. Thanks for finding that site zxa. I'm learning lots about the diversity of the chinese excavator industry.
the sy2000 is a damm big thing..... to way i see it...is that we don"t have (on the export side) all the model that they manufacture at their plan in china...the sy215c8 don"t seem to be invailable here in north america....we just had the dash 7 version (tier 2) here.....at least if i"m relying on the sany america website!! the dash 9 serie will be the next model...it look prety nice too.....
selam sany ile ilgili teknik doküman mevcutmudur aceba??
hi sany tecnical Is there the document??
I seem to recall when Komatsu came to this country. Parts had to come off the assembly line in Japan, and were shipped by ship. But now Komatsu is a top brand. Don't tell me about American made equipment. Because all the parts are not made here. Some years ago Readers Digest had a survey about American cars and their parts. Of all the cars surveyed Cadillac had the most American made parts and it was only American60%.
Why would they name their pump after two different companies?
I have no idea. One brochure says Kawasaki, another says Rexroth. Salesman said rexroth, somewhere on SANY's website I saw Kawasaki mentioned again. One thing that seemed to be happening is the the pump sounded perfectly normal from the outside, but in the cab I heard a strange mix of growling and squealing from the pump when I worked the hydraulics (its not hydraulic motor noise, because it made the sound even when I just moved the boom or stick).
I would bet that they use Rexroth pumps on some models, and Kawasaki pumps on others.
Glad to see everyone hot topic on SANY HEX. Last year Sany sold more HEX than CAT in china market, but I think this is partially due to sany flexible financial products. Could anyone collect your comments and send to SANY research and design team to push them get improvement on further HEX model.
The sany didn't seem all that bad a machine. My two suggestions for SANY: put in a stronger boom and stick, and use better quality plastics on the switches and panel to the right of the seat. Also, perhaps use nicer sounding pumps.
kudos to the korean excavator (doosan)...the quality plastics could have been better, especialy on the solar serie, on the actual dx series the inside finition have been improved however...
i dont really trust anything chinese made or japenese made. if you live in the U.S. then buy American :usa
Considering that Japanese companies own the Hyd. Excavator manufacturering market, thats really not practical and they are the gold standard in quality. While the Chinese machines are scoffed at from a quality standpoint right now, make no mistake, they will get it together. Granted mostly through reverse engineering, but they will rival the Japanese in quality. My personal guess is within 10 years.
There is a lot of people that have not figured it out that if you buy american made you keep your neighbor working, who in turn keeps you working. When everyone is working construction is booming and equipment is moving dirt. Ask the boys with the idle equipment how business is when everyone buys foreign when American made is available. You get the picture.
This is my question. Will Sany and Komatsu parts interchange?
what parts? the pumps and engine they wont
Has anyone checked out a LiuGong excavator? Here is an interesting recent article on the Chinese manufacturer from the Wall Street Journal . The article doesn't slam them but raises concerns. 1. They are untested in the US market. Sales are low. Could you resell it if you had to? 2. They apparently have rust problems due to shoddy painting. 3. Parts and service could take time since they are not well established here. PS: If you don't have a WSJ subscription, then Google "China Treads on New Turf" to read the article free. Milo ExcavateNYC.com
Liugong is making a bit of a name for itself in the coal industry of Limpopo and Mpumalanga provinces of South Africa, loading coal onto trucks. So far they seem to be doing as well as the current favourites for this particularily demanding task, Kawasaki's, so we'll see how they go. Also, their graders are becoming popular for emerging contractors, mostly for the price and cheapish parts, but they tend to keep them on maintenance as opposed to construction.
I'm going to stick to my guns and say that i don't know why anyone would want to skimp out on their construction equipment. It is your lively hood. I've only every seen one Sany before in person and I have to say that the stick and boom definitely look flimsy compared to a Cat or a John Deere. As far as I can tell, the only good thing about them is they have Cummins engines.
They also reversed engineered the Daimler-Benz logo http://www.twobirds.com/English/NEWS/PRESSRELEASES/Pages/Daimler_v_Sany.Aspx Far as buying cheap, I bought a cheap Chinese one cylinder motor to replace a dusted Yanmar, new Yanmar = AU$3000, Chines copy = AU$500, so far it's still running but eventually I will rebuild the Yanmar motor and keep the Chinese as a spare.
Hi Sultan, I'm from India and interested in buying Sany Excavator. As you aware in India, the market leaders are Komatsu and Hitachi ( with JV from India) . Can u suggest me to opt for sany when compared to Komatsu PC 200-7 or Hitachi Zaxis 210? Any major problems u have faced with sany ? Pl give advice to : [email protected] Regards Raju
Hi i have found the sanys we run to be very good machines and they run kawaski pumps and you will find the UC on most sany is interchangable to komatsu the pumps and hydro gear is from kobelco and the engine well they are noramly cummins or isuzu luigong are also very good company. they make the best chinese wheel loaders and they already out perform the chinese made cat and komatsu machines with the right configuration.
I'll believe it when I see it. The best part about them is the Cummins engine, and that's about it. I'd like to see them last like our Cat loaders. We have a Cat 950 81J with 40,000 hours on one engine rebuild, and original transmission and axles, and a Cat 950E with 30,000 hours with one engine rebuild and original transmission and axles. The Cat 140G blade I operate has 22,000 hours on it with one transmission rebuild and the engine hasn't even been touched and it doesn't use any oil. We also have a Cat 320BL that is all original yet except for a few hydraulic cylinder rebuilds and just one set of rails and segments. We also have a 1992 Cat D6H XL with 22,000 hours with one in frame engine rebuild and rebuilds on the finals and transmission all at 20,000 hours, so it's going to last us for another 20,000 hours. We also have two Cat 320Cs that are both near 10,000 hours with absolutely zero problems. I can keep going on and on. Sure the Chinese models might be cheap up front, but like my dad and my grandpa always told me, you get what you pay for. And with Cat, we pay for years and years of reliable service, and fast dealer service. There's a reason Cat can still charge so much for equipment and still sell tons of equipment with all of the other competitors in the equipment industry. It's reliability and service
Yair . . . D&GExcavating. Your experience is what I'd like to think is "normal" for Cat. It was mine too in a previous era . . . we stepped up from Allis Chalmers. Unfortunately as I mentioned on another thread some customers over here seem to reckon that Cat. has dropped the ball. I am out of the game now but try to keep in touch and there seem to be lots of little niggles . . . not the least of which you can now buy similar "earning power" at two thirds the price of Cat. Cheers.
To D&G Mate cat has droped the ball at least in australia I know a crap load of mobs that will tell you in aus the only reason they use CAT is because of the back up and for no other reason. Well i reckon a Komatsu Dozer beats a CAT any day of the week and a Hitachi Excavator would out dig a cat any day. I will start a new threat of the caterpillar factory in china think you guys will be supprised.
Talk about weird Chinese machinery, anyone for a Shan Dong wheel loader: Get it here: http://www.tristate-auction.com/backwoods_tie.htm
So you mean a CAT right? Caterpillars wheel loader factory is in shan dong. there is over 75 wheel loader manufactures in *****ong in china. looks like a LuGing to me they come from qingzhou. the are a very cheap machine a brand new one of these you are looking at 18,900USD with a cummins engine.
Test: Shandong. Nope, not any more. Sorry. We can add things to the auto-censor as we see fit. Lately, we've been using it as an anti-spammer strategy. If they post a link, I'll add it to the auto-censor, which makes it pointless for the spammer to re-register under another name and post it again. (They can be VERY persistent.) Somewhere along the line, some spammer must've posted something with the word "s h a n d" and when I added it to the auto-censor, it would delete the letter sequence "s-h-a-n-d", even if it appeared in the middle of a word. I just went into the CP and fixed that glitch. Apparently this is the first time it's come up.
Thanks digger mate you guys are awesome mods on here super fast and too the point love HEF
I don't know about awesome, but the super fast part is just coincidence. It's quarter of two in the morning here. I just thought I'd have one last look at HEF before going back to bed... :sleeping
You should get scrap price.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2012-10/16/content_15819649.htm Interesting article, has anyone from HEF visited them and tested these excavators?
The new Sany 215 uses a komatsu cab, and the hydraulics are kawasaki. Yes the body is close to a komatsu. The track frame is totaly Sany. The 215 have a new boom and stick built with high quality steel and cast steel ends. Th SY 210C and thr Sy230 excavators where built in China and shipped to north America. These models where discontinued in 2008, The 215C LC and 235C LC where redisigned for the North American Market, and Sany is working on a 300 size unit for North America. I have been working on Sany machines for the last three years, and I am impressed with the rate of change in a short time. I have worked in the industry for 34 years and have seen many companies take much longer to implement change I believe Sany will be a contender
Thanks for the info. Have you got any photos of these new machines and what the general impression has been from your clients?
Yes the Sany plant in Peachtree City Ga. is complete and up and running strong, we rental company I work for has 7 Excavators in the field now and 8 more on the way, we all took a tour of the facility about 3 weeks ago and it is amazing, Sany is not a fly by night company here in the USA, that plant cost over 60 million to build and it is flat out amazing. I took some pic's of the inside of it with my cell phone. They are currently testing the Tier 4 prototype as we speak. For them to be roughly 30,000.00 cheaper than most models, I can not find where Sany is lacking in any of the area's of the competitors. I really like the 3yr/3000hr warranty myself.
The company i work for has been Carrying the Sany excavators for a couple of years. They are great machines and have been very reliable. Sany is the 5th largest heavy equipment manufacturer in the world and they have built a very good reputation, you heard me right, as of 2012 they are 5th! They own the Asian market and are established around the world .We have to get over this concept that if it is made in China its cheap crap. While it is true it is cheaper, that doesn't mean that quality is less. Every heavy equipment manufacturer out there has some of their machines made in China. These factories are ISO9001 compliant. A ton of our electronics are made there and a ton of car parts, it is just the way of the world. For those who want to buy American, i can only say good luck. If you want the headquarters in America then you might have a chance, but if you want a 100% American excavator it doesn't exist anymore. If you want to pay a lot more for a Deere or a CAT you can but put them against a Sany and they wont be better, and the for sure wont be 30% better. I dont like to say that because i grew up with Deere and CAT but it is just the truth these days. Now that my rant is over i can say the only problem that we have had with the machines were minor. At first they had small seats, we're fat lets face it, i have never met a skinny operator lol. That was fixed. The other was their computer had communication issues with our GPS tracking systems, but that was a simple fix. The only mechanical issue we have had is that on the SY235 the fuel water seperator was over tighten on some units and caused the seals to crack causing them to suck air and stall. This again was a simple fix and Sany has corrected it. As for the boom being weak, we have never had a boom failure and we have many units mounted with second member LaBounty shears they are heavy and they beat the hell out of the machines in the scrap yards, and we have had no problems. We also have mounted hammers on them and sent them off for demos and they're fine. We just got a SY215 back off a month rental in which it went out with a new bucket and P-link thumb and the customer proceeded to use it to demo a building and when it got back the p-link had a foot of play in it and the bucket had all its keepers bent and they went through 6 teeth, boom is fine. Like stated above they give a full 3000 3 year warranty and we offer a 5 year money back guarantee. With their facility in Peachtree parts are available and quick to get, and when you can get a SY215 For almost 50k cheaper than a Komatsu or CAT it is a good buy.
Also the difference in body build as well. I have been to China twice and they are mostly small people. I am 6'-1" 200LB and I was a giant.:cool2 What does Sany's 3 year 3K hour warranty cover? Cat gives a hyd+powertrain warranty for 3 years 3k hours.
A 5 year money back is pretty eye brow raising as well.
Sany 235 these two sany 235 dug a down 40ft for a high rise in hard pan with no problems my point is wether it's a cat hitachi or Volvo they are just there to work your not going to get extra money just because it says. Cat or hitachi but the guys on here that just want brand names don't be pissed when you get out bid on jobs when they other guy is running a lower cost machine and can do the jobs cheaper with a less over head
Yes body build is different I was just making a joke The warranty covers the whole machine. The 5 year money back guarantee is given by our company and is on a lot of machines we have. Sany guy you hit the nail on the head. In today's market where all of your expenses have went up but you are having to bid at the same prices to win the job then having a 1/3 less over head on your iron is a good edge.
arent these machines owned by the contractor who did the demo where two sections of building fell right onto the street last year ?
There is a thread about those morons - If they are one in the same, I don't think I would be using them as advertisement for my product.:cool2
is there a excavater make in the us ? not cat,deer, linkbelt
Yes. CAT opened two new factories within the last year and a half that will build all of their excavators for North America in the US. They built a factory outside of Atlanta that will build them from 3.5-8 tons (and D3/4/5) and they built a 1 million square foot factory in Victoria texas that will build everything from 12-?? tons. I know that the Victoria texas plant is already shipping machines and the mini excavator factory in Georgia will be shipping in early fall. They were already producing two sizes of excavators in Aurora Illinois.
I'm not saying that Sany excvators aren't good, but there is more to buying a machine besides price. Same day parts , or a large cylinder rebuild, or a spec shop for complete rebuild capability, or a replacement machine while you're machine is down for service, or an end to end rental store, dozens of service and lube trucks, strong finance company, etc. are other things that factor into the buying decision as well.
chinese :cummins are not supported by cumming in aust check in you area?
All new stuff is crap. Why pay more for foreign crap with a Cat or Deere stamp on it? The US companies have certainly relaxed their standards since the good old days in the '40's and '50's when Cat was king. Relyability used to be a corporate goal, now it is all about bottom line marketting and profit all analyzed be computers. That is the same worldwide. They will all sell sh-- if they can make a buck.
All new stuff is crap. Why pay more for foreign crap with a Cat or Deere stamp on it? The US companies have certainly relaxed their standards since the good old days in the '40's and '50's when Cat was king. Reliability used to be a corporate goal, now it is all about bottom line marketting and profit all analyzed by computers. That is the same worldwide. They will all sell sh-- if they can make a buck.
Yair . . . Dunno Digdeep . A local contractor did some sort of a Cat. factory tour and reckons Cat. equipment is a lot like our food . . . "manufactured from local and imported ingredients". After being a Cat. man all his life he was not impressed. Cheers.
I guess that lumps everyone in the same boat then doesn't it. I'm no industry expert, but I do try to keep up on things and it seems CAT is surviving well enough by the looks of their commanding global market share and their revenues being almost twice that of their second largest competitor (Komatsu).
I have been to the Peoria TTT plant twice and the Aurora wheel loader and excavator plant once. In Aurora, plate steel on one end and 330C's coming off the line at the other end, the same with Peoria - plate steel one end and D11's rolling out the other end. Were some of the components made elsewhere, absolutely. If your house has a stove made in Korea, does that make the house not locally built?:cool2
No, it means your stove was built in Korea.... As a Former Construction Company owner though i will use your analogy like this. Your drywall comes from China your siding from Mexico your timber from Canada then they were all shipped here and given to a contractor then that contractor subs out the work to other companies then takes credit for it by slpping their name on it. That is about the jist of the equipment world today as well lol.
Yair . . . I think that sums it up pretty well Trevor Wrench . It's called "Globalization" and I think possibly Caterpillar suffers less from it than most. Cheers.
Yes... that is exactly what it is. I wouldn't however say CAT suffers less, i wouldn't say the suffer at all. Large corporate companies don't suffer from it they benefit. If by suffer you mean capitulate to it then they very much do. They rebrand quite a bit in Europe, and Asia, luigong group built quite a bit of there wheel loaders in Asia. Wacker now does there minis in Europe, alot of their smaller engines are Mitsubishi so on and so forth. I would guarantee you that if cat found its self in a position where they had to drop their prices to be competitive in the US market they would be sending their factories to cheaper locales. You're from Australia so for you if you buy cat there is a good chance you are going to get an Asian product, unless it is a dozer. This isnt a bad thing, it is just logistics, and cat has very strict standards that a facility must abide buy when manufacturing their products.
Cat started it
Any of you guys using these excavators have experience with the new Sany SY335C? It is not available yet in Europe but I heard it is coming soon.
mate can it even get into Europe? i thought it was only a Tier 2 engine?
I guess this is made for US and Europe only and it has Tier IV. Here http://www.sanygroup.com/abroad/america/en-us/products/SY335C.htm I'd like to get some reviews from people who have used it.
No 335s here in the states yet. We can get the 75, 135, 215, 235.
Chinese Cummins engines that are made with cummins together do have warrantys in Australia and if anyone tells you other wise they are BSing you mate. I know this for a fact because cummins in australia are also selling them there.
I second that, Cummins no longer makes a "Chinese" market specific engine, half the motors i come across in the states were made in China, Cummins does not have enough facilities here in the states to keep up with production.
SANY Equipment I work in Saudi Arabia & we are starting to see a lot of Chinese cranes. Excavators & Korean equipment SANY Cranes are doing well - REXWROTH is a PARKER Brand Hoses are PARKER Transmission DANA Engine Cummins XCMG Cranes are also here along with ZOOMLION - DEMAG Copy but not as reliable - PRICE PRICE is the thing now HYUNDAI are really taking the market from CAT & HYUNDAI & KOBELCO & SUMITOMO Bulldozers - Still KOMATSU 155A - King here BUT Shantui & PENGPU are also showing up with other Chinese Brands They are not as reliable as the HERITAGE Brands like Komatsu , SUMITOMO , KOBELCO JCB or HITACHI or LIEBHERR or VOLVO( actually SAMSUNG) CAT have alsways struggled with EXCAVATORS for some reason & still do - Not as reliable or as fast as KOMATSU or LIEBHERR or HITACHI , DEERE sells very little here !!!
can find sany sy215c-8 manual thanks
Bit difficult to try to buy American only now with : Komatsu & Hitachi selling most excavators in the US. Kobelco & Kubota & Takaeuchi & Yanmar & Sumitomo & NOW Lui Gong & XCMG also selling. German units - LEIBHERR & ATLAS also selling . The free trade agreements have meant that US manufacturers really struggle with all of the foreign competition , Caterpillar & Deere with CASE ( owned by FIAT) CAT has plants in CHINA( SEM Brand owned by CAT in China) & DEERE has a tie up in INDIA Globalization & Free Trade agreements means that the WEST is losing out to EASTERN Competition
Finally someone else sees the real cost of free trade.
hello all anyone know log on to service mode sy215c-8 i don't know password to log it. what is the password on it? please help thanks
"The password is a company secret" - Quote from one of many extremely unhelpful Sany technicians.
Usual the dealers set the pass word ,or on my machine they did or didn't in my case.So just used all 0000 and got to where i needed to go for what we were looking for. The dealer never set it on this machine.Good luck
thanks for reply i will check it tomorrow
So now that they have been around for a while longer, what is everyones opinions on them now? Other then their gut wrenching performance at Conexpo (nothing like beating the crap out of your machine to try and sell it) how have they worked for the people that bought them? I have only seen a sany crane and It didn't look terrible. Went to the hardhat expo and say the liugong machines...POS machines. But sany has some aspects in the new ones that I like. Any thoughts? Thanks, John The "performance" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2KC6aLqTJU
What exactly did they do in that video that should impress any sort of owner or operator???? An owner should fire the operator on the spot, and any self respecting operator with a conscience should consider most of this unthinkable. :thumbdown
31868 will get you into the first service screen...it is of no real help unless you looking for mere basics.
Amen. People here are judging a company by its name or root country, not by content percentage of parts. See above. I work for Caterpillar and am a mechanic. I work on some older models of blades, dozers, front loaders, quarrey trucks, mine trucks, shovels, and ALOT of new models not even released or conversions to older model Cats. I will tell you this. The name Cat might say America to you, but if you knew the companys origin of I would say roughly 60-70% of the parts that are on Caterpillar machines of yesterday AND todays machines, your jaw would drop. If any of you think consumers are just now selling out to overseas companies, then you need to know that the "Murica" corperations you envision have sold out 20+ years ago. Japan, Korea, India, and yes CHINA have had their hands in our cookie jar for a long time. This is automobile and heavy equipment wide. Hell its EVERYTHING wide from power tools, electronics, and guaranteed at least one thing you touch in a day WASN'T made in "Murica". You guys so opposed with buying overseas goods need a reality check. 1). Our current (and past 10-15 years) economical situation isnt good. The consumer AND coperations are going to pinch pennies where they can for their owns survival, not just to say theyre everything American to make people happy. And 2). ALOT of new age technology was NOT created on American soil. I know its a shock to some, but not all of the coolest features on heavy equipment or the modern world was concieved on American soil.
Hi, I got a new SY335C Sany in April 2015. In 12 months I put up 2380 hrs on a road job. At 600hrs the bushes on the dipper werer fairly worn, apparently they are nylon. There is a substantial amount of ware on all pins/bushes including the slewing ring. The digger hasn't missed a day without getting greased & sometimes greased twice daily. When the boom is up to the last and the dipper in vertical position (near the cab), the bucket will wobble back and over about 4-6 inches. I also have Kobelco 210 with 16,000hrs & there is less play in it compared to the sany with 15% of it's work hrs. The Sany is an animal of a digger to dig. It will load a Volvo A40 40seconds faster than a new Hitachi Z-axis 470, It's rapid fast. It's a very good digger but I'm concerned about the metal hardness.
Sany Excavator Also I can't understand why people choose to buy a foreign equipment, not the equipment produced by our country. Maybe because cat or dossan is more well known than Sany? But I must to say, equipment from different country has its own feature. as we all know, American and Germany equipment has a very high quality. but China is becoming stronger these years. and its machine has a more lower price. Why not to have a try? Maybe there will have a big surprise.
Also I can't understand why people choose to buy a foreign equipment, not the equipment produced by our country. Maybe because cat or dossan is more well known than Sany? But I must to say, equipment from different country has its own feature. as we all know, American and Germany equipment has a very high quality. but China is becoming stronger these years. and its machine has a more lower price. Why not to have a try? Maybe there will have a big surprise.
I have a 235 60' long reach on rent I'm impressed for this machine I have run the hell out of it on this particular job it has not missed a beat very fast machine and I have had it bogged down in the deep mud hole where its working 5 plus acre pond but it made it out every time. might buy if I rent it to long lol. I will have to much in it 10,000 per mth.