Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sauer danfoss 40 series m46 tandem drive pump

rico7467 ยท 2017-04-21 09:04

Danfoss m46 tandem hydrostatic drive pump off a 96 case 1845c. New oring kit swash plate rotating groups. The charge pressure is fine but I had a guy tell me there are othe parts in there that get wore out that would let fluid bypass. The problem I'm running into is when you engage into a load the tires don't spin out and the engine rpms don't die down it just runs as if nothing happened. Also I was looking at psi checks and it says on the top of that pump there are 4 ports and they are 600 bar 10,000 psi. Is that correct?

Replies7
  1. #1funwithfuel2017-04-30 22:18

    Sounds right. There is a small valve that is supposed to open under heavy load or high temp. It used to be available as a service part. You have to find a good dealer to sell you this part. They're very proud of this little doodad and will tell you they can only install as bench work cuz they have to set it. Funny thing is, it's not adjustable. I think the acronym was POV or TOV. It's been a while. Don't confuse with the port relief which should be like 1" diameter or so. This thing is dinky only about 1/2"-5/8" maybe 1 1/2" tall.

  2. #2rico74672017-04-30 22:24

    This part your talking about is located on the tandem drive pump?

  3. #3funwithfuel2017-04-30 22:27

    Should be, I'm looking for it in the service manual right now. It's actually a free download. Series 40 M46 Axial Piston Motor Parts Manual - Danfoss

  4. #4funwithfuel2017-04-30 22:31

    Sorry, that was parts I was peeking in, here's link for service. Series 40 M46 Variable Pumps Service Manual - Danfoss

  5. #5funwithfuel2017-04-30 22:39

    Check pages 35-36 of service manual. They call it a bypass valve, I may have confused the danfoss with RexRoth or sunstrand. Sorry bout the confusion

  6. #6funwithfuel2017-04-30 22:41

    If you google danfoss m46 you'll find the parts and service manuals as free download from danfoss themselves. The sight is blocking me from posting the links on here.

  7. #7StanRUS2017-05-02 02:01

    10,000psi = 689.4757Bar