Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Saved files

Tradesman ยท 2014-11-16 09:03

I have got quite a few picture files saved on this sight and can't find a way of deleting them ,I don't think I would ever post them again so they might as well be gone. Thanks for any help. This must be my week for help from the geek squad,I got my e mail address changed yesterday . Thanks Glen

Replies4
  1. #1digger242j2014-11-16 09:15

    If you're talking about pictures you've posted, there's no method for you to delete them yourself. We like to host them here, rather than linking to an offsite location like Photobucket, and we're happy to provide the sever space ourselves for that purpose. The pictures are often an integral part of the discussion in the thread, and to delete them, and have them replaced with little red Xs, would render the thread much less useful. You never know when somebody else might want to see them.

  2. #2Tradesman2014-11-16 11:50

    I hope I'm not being too thick and not understanding, the files I'm talking about are in the file management portion of HEF where I download my picks to install them in a thread I have around twenty of the picks that I have inserted in over the last year. Are you saying they have to be stored there to be accessed for display on the threads? I'm an anti hoarder just ask my wife if I'm not using something "out it goes " quite often I regret it in the not too distant future, but I don't see myself changing any time soon regards

  3. #3Shimmy12014-11-16 14:40

    I believe that is correct. I tried to clean mine up, when I deleted the file, poof, pic in the thread gone as well. I have been wondering same thing, if there was a limit to how many pics I could have. Sounds like as many as I want. :thumbsup

  4. #4digger242j2014-11-16 19:49

    Yes, when you upload a picture to HEF, it goes onto our server, and that's where it takes up space. When somebody clicks on that thread, the image comes from HEF's server, the same as the text does. I just did some poking around, and I can't find anywhere that tells me how much space any given user is allowed to take up, but statistically, the top posters of attachments literally have several thousand that they've uploaded. Don't worry about being a hoarder. The space you're taking up is in our attic, not yours.