Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SC30TX Not engaging cutter wheel

lizrad999 ยท 2026-09-29 14:41

I've got a Vermeer SC30TX not engaging cutter wheel when switch is thrown. Back story, previous owner caught the thing on fire around the back of the unit. Burned wires, and basically the top of the Kohler ECH740. I managed to repair replace everything including the wiring harness. This model has an ACS (Brain for the hydraulic solenoids that control smart-sweep and the cutter wheel based on it sensing a hand on the lever that controls head) Basically I need to talk with someone who has this same unit and is willing to compare the "leds" on the ACS with me. According to the service manual and the leds on the ACS, everything is happy, and everything except the cutter wheel works. The ACS is supposed to put out 12vdc when the switch is flipped to Engage, and there is a hand detected on the handle. The Operator Presence LED lights up, and so does the Engage cutter, but no voltage to solenoid. The wire is good end to end, and I am able to run switched 12vdc to the solenoid to engage the cutter, but I would prefer it work the way it was designed to. Anybody out there that can help?

Replies0

No replies yet.