Could you gentlemen suggest scan tools and software for Caterpillar equipment, D4, D5, 938, 950, 305, 314, 321, 325, 328 & 345 I have a Snap On Modis, can the software be uploaded to it? Or does it require a lap top? How can I obtain access to Caterpillar SIS and electronic parts books and repair manuals? Thanks Bob
It requires a lap top, special harness connector and a subscription to the software. You get the access to SIS with the subscription. The parts book access you can usually get with only a parts account through your local Cat dealer. Access to the software as far as I know is only through a authorized Cat dealer. How in-depth of repair work are you planning on doing?
More trouble shooting than major repairs. I have read a number of issues and problems on this site, it seems the code reading equipment is as much needed for construction equipment as it is for automobiles and trucks. So here I come into the technology, kicking and screaming... Any ideas what the cost is for the subscriptions? Again, thanks for the assistance Bob
Check out http://tpxpowersource.com . Fcar F3-D. I have not used one, but have been considering it. This is only one I have found that claims cat and deere off road.
Cat PartStore is SIS basic: Subscriptions in this area for full SIS & ET $1,265.00 for Cat's tech to load the software onto your laptop and $65ish per month fee. If your workin on Cats you have to have the toys.
The toys are nice to have but there is a whole lot you can do with just what is in the machine. Codes can be accessed on most all Cat equipment without the computer and software. The newer stuff will even tell you what the code means. The key to it all is the access to SIS for the service manuals.
I would like to get one of these. Does anyone know if it requires a bunch of software purchases on top of this price to work with each machine or does it come preloaded .
I would be interested also would like to have deer
New SCAM SITE for electronic manuals http://allmanualcat.com/ They're using SIS to copy files, save as pdf file & hoping to sell naive people! $150.00 for pdf parts manual for each model machine $200.00 for electronic service manual each model machine &&%%$ What happens to your credit card information...?
Sounds like a scam. You can get sis for couple hundred bucks and get every manual from other sources.
RBMcCloskey Did you get your sis yet?