Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Scat Track 1700C – Filter Info & Pedal cable question

Greenstreet · 2015-02-01 16:29

Just purchased one of these with 1,200 hours to help on a residential job site. Info is a little scarce so I'll put out this out there for others. Please correct anything that's off and add what you know. Thanks in advance! 1700C appears to be one of the models produced just before Volvo purchased Skat Trak around 2000. Early models (Thru SN 2349) have a 80 HP Perkins Model 1004.4 Later models (After SN 2389) have a Perkins Model 1004.42 rated at 86 HP. Early style has a twist knob throttle. Later model has a common lever. WIX Filters (later model): Oil 51806 Air - Outer 46671 Air - Inner 46671 Fuel 33472 Hydraulic 51759 My machine seems to be in good shape with the exception of sticky pedals. Service manual does not have part numbers for "Foot Pedal Cable" (later model) so if anybody has that info and part sources please pass on. Also, let me know if you where able to get to the clevis pins on valve side without removing hydraulic lines for loosening valve block. It's was tight, and my power washer did not remove all the grime. And I really did not know what I was looking for since the manual was here when I got home. I'd appreciate any tips!

Replies16
  1. #1pajibson2015-02-01 19:01

    If you take the cables off a decent generator shop should be able to make some up for you.

  2. #2Greenstreet2015-02-02 11:06

    Found a parts source for Skat Trak and cables are on they way. Rudd Equipment in Kentucky. Had old CD with parts info. Most helpful! For the record: Skat Trak 1700C Foot Pedal Cable - Part Number 11841203 (SN 2350 and beyond)

  3. #3Greenstreet2015-02-02 11:14

    Wish I could edit previous post... Foot Pedal Cable (left and right same part) Part number is 8160064 for SN 2349 and before Part number is 8160075 for SN 2350 and beyond Sorry about bogus info on previous post.

  4. #4Greenstreet2015-02-04 16:49

    Oops. First Foot Pedal Cable number for Skat Trak 1700C (SN + 2349) is the correct VOLVO part number. VOE11841203 Ordered from Rudd Equipment on Monday and I'm writing this on Wednesday. They don't mess around!

  5. #5Greenstreet2015-02-15 08:45

    Got around to installing pedal cables on Scat Trak 1700C. Bugger getting old ones out. The bracket does not have a slot at hydraulic block so you have to remove bracket cap screws that have not been opened in 15 years. These pics may help since the parts and service manual is not real clear (too basic to bother with). Second time will go faster. Can hardly wait...

  6. #6Greenstreet2015-02-15 14:03

    One more thing on pedal cables: Just broke the screw on fitting off the old pedal cable (pedal side) I "thought" I could use. That was after treating with heat, paraffin, and PB blaster. Do yourself a favor and order those parts at the start. Will try to pick up locally. Fortunately it left a nub of the threaded part and a locking nut I can use to find right size. Always something.

  7. #7Pcmoore852015-06-23 21:37

    Hey there I have run across one of these exact models but it has been sitting for a while and was wondering if you might have run across any literature on them.

  8. #8Greenstreet2015-06-24 06:50

    What a find! Found some literature using google that covers the 1750C and the Skat Traks at the time Volvo bought the line. From what I could tell the 1700C is similar to the 1750C. The exterior of your machine looks like it was lightly used. If you can get it running, it is a sweet machine. Got to run but I'll try locating the links to the sales brochures. There were some changes to the line after serial number 2348 I was able to get a service manual that covers the 1700 and 1800 series.

  9. #9Greenstreet2015-06-24 17:21

    Here is a link to the 1750C when Volvo took over. http://www.volvoce.com/construction... loaders scat trak/pages/Scat trak 1750D.aspx They tweaked it. The 1700C has a naturally aspirated Perkins 1004.42 (later version) with 86 HP. Let me know if you need any other specs from the manual.

  10. #10Pcmoore852015-06-25 21:23

    Thanks I will look over that link i appreciate you sending me that

  11. #11~Woody~2016-01-21 20:28

    Where is the sn for these loaders. I can't seem to find mine

  12. #1205Maserati2016-01-22 13:43

    Just as a heads up for people looking over this thread thinking maybe Volvo took over Scat Trak's entire line. Volvo took over the Skid Steers, Vermeer took over their excavators. You can still obtain parts for the excavators, including Service manuals/Parts manuals through Vermeer. Libra who makes the excavators for both Vermeer and Scat Trak are out of Italy and are still in business making them for Cam Macchine overseas. Hope you guys don't mind me adding that in here for other people looking for information.

  13. #13BobFTW2021-01-25 17:57

    I struggled to find these Scat Trak Manual's online I looked for days. Finally I got a blessing and when I called a local volvo shop the guy had an old CD with them all. Since I was blessed I decided to share these with everyone else. Its hosted on my file server. God Bless! Save and Share my link or your own just get them out there! Includes 1750D - 2000D 2300D 1500C 1700C 1800C If its not in there I don’t have it… so you can ask but I won't reply http://gofile.me/6LBGh/l0anHpZKI Manuals online share

  14. #14BobFTW2021-01-25 17:58

    some I can upload some i cant

  15. #15Billy McCloud2021-03-16 18:44

    I have clicked said links and they do not allow for a download. I am just trying to figure out fluid capacity for oil bath on chain drive side at the moment. I have a parts manual for my 1700c but not owners or service manual.

  16. #16BobFTW2023-10-24 20:40

    Scat Trak Manuals HERE File folder on MEGA mega.nz