Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Scat Trak 1300c

HarleyHappy · 2025-01-29 09:04

So, working on the new to me, basket case machine. Couple of questions. Where do you buy your Kubota parts, as in like the 10mm by 15mm by 3mm rod seal for the fuel shut off lever? I found one from McMaster and ordered it but their shipping is 5 times the price of the seal. That leads to my 2nd question. I have the available manuals for the machine, except they don’t cover power plants and I would like to get a decent manual for the Kubota V2203 the earlier models. I have the serial number but it doesn’t seem to do diddly online in finding a manual. I will pay for one as I like and prefer a paper one. Thirdly, I brought the radiator to the last good radiator shop around and he told m3 it’s junk. He would have to redo both bowls and from what it looks like, it’s a 2k maybe more bill. I am preparing to buy an aluminum one and do some retrofitting and then the stupid ideas started floating around. I have that splined shaft on the front, just doing nothing but spinning around for free, or almost free. What involved with adding a separate pump and putting a hydraulic driven fan and putting the radiator and oil cooler up top, like Bobcats. I realize were talking some fab work but it would be nice not having that radiator and oil cooler bouncing around and getting in the way of working on the engine. I‘m assuming no one wants a electric fan cooling these dirty and dusty things. Thoughts?

Replies16
  1. #1TVA2025-01-29 09:30

    Shipping will be $10-$15 from anyone. Besides Amazon ( and only if you buy more than $30 of products) or E-bay

  2. #2TVA2025-01-29 09:38

    I don’t know if IR uses Kubota radiators in their portable compressors - but the one I’m working on, seems to fall apart just from the vibration of the machine. I have older radiator from 25 HP Kubota tractor somewhere, that thing build like a tank!

  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-01-29 10:36

    I can’t seem to buy anything other than the big copycat parts for Kubota. In the past, I called the parts guy at a shop and they would go grab the 1.50$ seal. My experience is after Covid around here, the parts places all suck. They don’t seem to want real customers, other than the big guys. They want to do everything online.

  4. #4TVA2025-01-29 10:43

    Yep! The problem is, older and experienced people in COVID shut down said “fook it”! And retired or went to do something else! Now we have situations when parts guy for the Freightliner/Western Star dealer doesn’t know what “DOT airline is”!!!

  5. #5TVA2025-01-29 10:45

    And places like Motion, Applied, Kaman - have gone to crap also!

  6. #6TVA2025-01-29 10:46

    You might try lawnmower place, if you have good one where you at. I have one here, they don’t get “stuck up” on part or serial numbers.

  7. #7HarleyHappy2025-01-30 07:56

    I definitely need to find a better parts network. It’s just like every parts person I have been dealing with lately just want the part number and order it. If it doesn’t cross to their system, SOL. It’s like nothing can be fixed anymore. For auto and trucks, I have this older woman in a Sanels and she is vey arrogant but extremely good on finding something that works. I walked into a popular auto parts place the other day for a lower radiator hose for my backhoe and they literally said they couldn’t help me. I was like, how about you walk down the damn isle the hoses are on and take a gander at something that may fit. You would have thought I asked for his cellphone. FML, I love working on and fixing things but it’s getting tiring when I finally get a part to install and start feeling giddy about actually having the right part. I just attempted to install an auxiliary hydraulic control cable, I got from Bunker Hill Cables and it wouldn’t work, I called the guys, whose card was on the invoice and told him the cable they sent didn’t have the bend radius I needed for the valve block. He told me to move the valve block. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT WOULD BE TO MOVE THE VALVE BLOCK WITH 12 hoses and 2 other cables hooked up to it? How about a conduit with a better bend radius? First world problems. lol

  8. #8TVA2025-01-30 09:24

    Yeah! Gone are those days, when they had those hoses hanging from the sealing and would spent time with you to find or compose the match you need! As of to the cable - if that happened to me, those people would hear some freshly invented cuss words! It almost came to police coming to the Freightliner dealer, because sorry excuse of the parts guy wasn’t just extremely dumb - he also had an attitude of a black woman on PMS!

  9. #9HarleyHappy2025-01-30 14:09

    Thinking Covid ruined a lot of peoples attitudes, I know for a fact it affected their driving and speed manners.

  10. #10HarleyHappy2025-01-31 08:46

    Okay so serious question, that I think know the answer to. Why would my auxiliary hydraulic hoses in the tub be rubbed to the point, it looks like someone has been carving on them with a razor knife? When I got this machine, the auxiliary hydraulic cable was frozen stiff and moron previous owner had welded the clevis on the cable shaft. I have completely cleaned the tub on this thing and am going through the hoses. PO claimed to have a hydraulic return leak, before pulling the motor for a head leak. While I can find no braids showing, both the hydraulic hoses for the auxiliary function are literally shaved all over. It does look like a possibility case suction line leak.

  11. #11TVA2025-01-31 10:10

    I think those hoses was getting activated with anything connected to the quick connects. They were getting stiffed and moving because of that. Probably because the control is a pedal, and operator was resting his leg on that pedal and inadvertently pushing on it while driving.

  12. #12HarleyHappy2025-01-31 10:15

    Nah, control is through the right drive lever but thinking the same thing. Must have been jacking off something fierce.

  13. #13TVA2025-01-31 10:35

    With infatuation!

  14. #14HarleyHappy2025-02-01 09:27

    Laugh laugh, funny funny. I am seriously wondering how they got all shaved up. Thinking at one time, aux hydraulic circuit must have been actuated for a long period of time. Would have thought that would have put a pretty good draw on the engine. Where the auxiliary cable wasn’t operational, don’t think they ever used the auxiliary circuit.

  15. #15TVA2025-02-01 09:43

    Or cables got stuck in activated position.

  16. #16TVA2025-02-01 09:47

    It reminds me when I bravely immersed myself in to the belly of JCB Robot. It started out as right motor leaking out of parking brake cover. Ended up two weeks of work, about 15 new hoses, miles of nylon and spiral jacketing for the hoses, and both motors got new mounting bolts all around. With monkeying with priority valve at the end. And tones of nasty mix of hydraulic oil and saw dust clean up!