Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Schaeffer Oil in Hydrostatic Transmission

BigAl ยท 2006-08-27 19:14

I have used Schaeffer oil my entire life and it is absolutely the best product available. That being said, I would like to replace the fluid in our Gleaner combine's hydrostatic transmission. The manual calls for Allis-Chalmers 401 Powerfluid which is not offered anymore and has been replaced with AGCO 411 Powerfluid (so I have been told--please correct me if I am wrong). It is a form of Dexron II. Does Schaeffer have a direct replacement? Thank You BigAl

Replies3
  1. #1salesrep2006-09-05 16:28

    Sorry for the late reply. this thread must have slipped by. http://www.schaefferoil.com/datapdf/315.pdf Check the bottom of this and see if there is a cross.

  2. #2BigAl2006-09-05 17:33

    We currently use #315 in several hydraulic applications already. I was pondering the use of #204SAT in this application. Is it the only Dexron formulated oil Schaeffer offers?

  3. #3salesrep2006-09-05 18:08

    I thought about THE ALL trans as well as it is backward compatable to the dexron line_up> i can not say for certain> sorry<