Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Scheduling

shawnfromkc ยท 2014-05-04 02:24

anyone here know of ?or have any suggestions for best pc or phone app for scheduling? we are a expanding company and looking for ways to make my life easier ..anys suggestions would help. thanks shawn

Replies2
  1. #1Acivil2014-05-11 22:12

    Are you talking about CPM scheduling project phases, or project scheduling within your company? For Critical Path stuff I have used phoenix, and excel. For operations in general I am now using Evernote in lieu of my phone calendar or the good ol pad and pen. I have only been using ever note for the last month, but I am already really beginning to appreciate it because it is so versatile, you can use hand writing or your phone keyboard, everything from your phone is also on your computer via their website, they have a lot of different functions, alarms, photo attachment ect, I schedule topsoil sales through it, meetings, bid submissions, you can ad a milestone date/time whenever you want, and as many as you want. I am only scratching the surface, but the more I do the more efficient it becomes.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2014-05-12 08:57

    We use Microsoft Project at my real job. It has a bit of a learning curve but can accommodate everything from task scheduling, to manpower loading and leveling, schedule of values, and transfers seamlessly with Office and Excel. Properly set up, you can update your percentage of task completion on the schedule and kick out your monthly billing for a project if you have cost loaded the tasks. I have been using it on hospital construction projects since 1985. It will also roll up and integrate numerous projects to get an overview of all the projects.