Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Schematics for making a homemade mechanical coupler??

Cal ยท 2010-02-07 10:14

Does anyone have a drawn out diagram (parts dimensions is all that's needed) to make a homemade coupler for a Case Mini? I have all the materials just need to take some of the leg work out of it Thanks so much

Replies4
  1. #1STAFFORD2010-02-28 01:12

    On my very first excavator I built a mechanical wedge coupler for my 120, I found someone with what I wanted took lots of pictures and took some cardboard for templates, I had no money so I built my own for the cost of materials, find some one with what you want and build it. I would imagine not many people would want to give out that kinda info. Good luck

  2. #2Cal2010-02-28 08:47

    Thanks Stafford. Ya, I figured there was a lot of DIY'ers here so someone would probably have something to share. That's too bad. I'll give that a try or just trial and error i guess

  3. #3Arabhacks2010-02-28 13:37

    Liability. Hello. I would have no issues whatsoever if somebody wanted to trace the thing or take pictures. But due to liability I would not give out any drawings. Remember, people have been killed from things like buckets falling off.

  4. #4STAFFORD2010-03-01 00:50

    Good point, I have since had sold that machine and have 3 machines with wedge couplers, cws, weldco or john deere, I did it starting out but good point. But if you using it around your own property or where no one comes near it when digging who cares