Hello, What do you guys think about reliability and cost of ownership between the two drive methods on JLG and Genie 1930 or 2030 size battery scissor lifts? Should I also consider Skyjack and or Snorkle? I want to be able to get parts if needed. Im looking to get a used scissor lift year 1995-2008 ish. Thanks , Dave
They aren't without their faults: The hoses on the Genie's crack and eventually leak due to constant flexing when you turn. They aren't bad to change, you just have to make sure you've got them routed properly so they don't snag on the motors while turning. The JLG's electric cables tend to crack over time as well. If changed out early enough its not an issue. If the insulation on the individual wires starts to crack and they short, I'm told it will take out the module, which is a grand or 2. I wouldn't let either of those issues deter you. Both JLG and Genie scissor lifts are solid products in my experience. What would be the determining factors in my choice if I were to purchase one over the other would be price, condition and which dealer offers the best support. I don't have much experience with Skyjack scissors but I do work on their boom lift machines and the parts availability on those isn't all that great IMO.
Careful with jlg electric drive. They're incredibly powerful and efficient but can be costly to fix. They've had several changes and if you buy an older unit 06-12 maybe the motors could be no longer available. Meaning if you had to replace one you may have to buy two and they could be a grand each. I don't like genie electric scissors at all. Skyjack makes a very good unit. The MEC es series are also very good units
Thanks guys.
So Skyjack SJIII3219 mid 2000s are OK?
Excellent machines
Thanks.