Hey we went and looked at this hydraulic hammer today. After looking at it we did not even argue the price and handed the man the money and loaded this baby up and went on our way. We feel we did real good on this purchase. I think one reason it did not sell and he still had it is that he listed it on craigslist as a hydrohammer and not a hydrahammer. I think anyone looking would have put it in hydra. I saw it browsing all heavy equipment. Also you could not see the brand or model in the picture as the picture sucked. All the ad said was Hydrohammer need nitrogen charge and that was all. When I called him I asked what make and model and he didn't know. Couldn't tell me anything about it other than he bought it to put on cat backhoe but gave up on it as he had failing health. The man is now wheelchair bound and just wants out of it all. I decided to take a gamble and drive the 90 miles to go look at it. It did not take us long to realize that this breaker is a pretty low time unit and in darn good shape. We weren't about to haggle and blow the deal. Ok so it is a Stanley mb875. Already set up for a 580 case backhoe which we have. WINGO! I think first order of business is to get a manual for this so I can figure out what I need to charge the nitrogen. I have nitrogen and regulator. will probably have to fabricate an adapter. I am thinking if it needs a charge it probably needs seals. Hard to believe the seals have failed as low time as this unit looks but i suppose it is possible they went bad from sheer age and lack of use. Guess I will know more when I get a manual. Anyone know where I might be able to get a manual?
Been doing some research on the internet and a maintenance manual seems to be harder to find than anyone who will say obummer is a good president! Guess i will have to hope the local dealer can help me and wont charge more for a manual than I paid for the hammer! I did find on e-bay a nitrogen service tool. Not sure which one I need but price seems real reasonable. http://www.ebay.com/itm/hydraulic-B...ng-kit-JY08-/221680704962?hash=item339d331dc2 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nitrogen-Ga...aker-Hammer-/221632050439?hash=item339a4cb507
Contacted the case dealer who happens to be the Stanley dealer. I asked if they could get me a service manual and he said it would be esier to borrow theirs and just go photo copy it. Got the manual and hit the print shop and for $2 I had a manual. WINGO! Now I got to figure out what I need to do the nitrogen charge.
In the process of getting longer hoses and all to try and get this hammer to work on our machine. Case is telling me that using the extendahoe circuit like the machine is set up to do will have plenty of flow but will require a return directly to the tank so there will be no back pressure build up like will happen with the return through valve body. Anyone ever put a hammer on a super K and run into this? What did you do?
Yes you will need to do a return line back to the tank for the hammer. If the machine is already plumbed for a hammer just check the return line and make sure it goes to the tank.
Nice find! Excited to see this unit up and running Share pics when you get it functional!! Also very nice of the dealers to lend the manual. Nobody would ever lend that much of a helping hand where I'm from haha +1
Hey thanks! Spent $350 on hoses and fittings yesterday to get it plumbed up and to make a tool to charge the nitrogen. I cant believe the price of hoses nowadays. Its just insane!