Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Scrapers with there own folder on the front page

Gavin84w ยท 2008-11-12 01:46

How about it Steve, plenty of interest in the best way to move dirt and i think it is time they had there own folder instead of being lost in the other earthmoving equipment section

Replies30
  1. #1stumpjumper832008-11-12 07:13

    Good idea gavin, I second the motion.

  2. #2Squizzy246B2008-11-12 07:26

    Noted...we will bring it up for discussion at the next HEF AGM in Vegas In the mean time we will kick it over in the mods forum...a show of hands here to gauge the support will help.

  3. #395zIV2008-11-12 08:28

    This sounds like a good idea, What about throwing a poll up, just yes or no?

  4. #4stretch2008-11-12 15:17

    I vote yes...:notworthy

  5. #5Stick Pro2008-11-12 18:45

    i agree that is all this site is missing

  6. #6Kenny R2008-11-12 19:58

    :iagree Great idea Gavin!!!!

  7. #7Gavin84w2008-11-12 20:18

    I think also once this folder is established can all the scraper threads from this folder be moved over.

  8. #8bigcatpip2008-11-12 21:02

    give the wagon's a place of there own.

  9. #9Buckethead2008-11-12 21:13

    Yes!!!! I vote the scrapers get their own place.:drinkup

  10. #10Turbo218352008-11-12 21:19

    Thats a sight that is going to disappear with CARB rules

  11. #11Kenny R2008-11-12 21:52

    That fleets fully re-powered with CAT's C15 ACERT engines:drinkup

  12. #12JDOFMEMI2008-11-12 22:00

    A new folder is probably a good idea, especially for the infrequent visitor. I just search all new posts to keep up on the news. I usually do not even pay attention to which folder a post is in. When it would be nice is for looking up old posts when you need to refresh your memory on something. Thats a long winded YES, and please move the existing posts over to it as well, if it is not too much trouble. Thanks for a great site Steve.

  13. #13Deere96702008-11-12 22:41

    c15s????? Them aint no fun, I like them old beasts that would roll coal when you laid down the hammer! Damn carb rules!

  14. #14dumpchuck2008-11-13 00:25

    Although i'm still a junior member and don't know how much weight my opinion carries, I agree with Gavin and everyone else. By the way Kenny R, love your socal site, very very cool to say the least!

  15. #15brynbaily2008-11-13 00:43

    Kenny; all your photos on your site are great, especially the ones on the expo I missed out on this year, thanks for sharing :cool2 When is the next expo btw?

  16. #16Jim Irwin2008-11-13 02:46

    A big YES vote from me. Scrapers need thier own folder.

  17. #17Greg2008-11-13 09:58

    You are right. Need a scraper page here.

  18. #18Steve Frazier2008-11-13 14:46

    I think you guys should all get your eyes checked!! I see a Scraper Forum, no one else does?:wink2

  19. #19digger242j2008-11-13 15:57

    I see a scraper forum. :yup

  20. #20992G2008-11-13 16:13

    Thank you very much

  21. #21digger242j2008-11-13 19:29

    You're quite welcome. (Especially since Steve did the actual work of creating it.) Now, as to the issue of moving all the scraper threads to the scraper forum... As you can imagine, that will involve a bit of work. It's relatively simple for a mod or administrator to move a thread once they're looking at it, but sorting through the forums to find them will be relatively time consuming. May I suggest/request, that one or several of the scraper enthusiasts post links to the threads you'd like to see moved here, and we'll make that happen. Posting them right here will work just fine, and as they come up, we can move them.

  22. #2295zIV2008-11-13 19:45

    Here ya go digger, just figured I'd get this started, All the ones you listed are here now. There's a redirect in their original location, that'll expire in a month. (Except, I didn't do that for the first couple.) Digger

  23. #23Gavin84w2008-11-13 20:21

    Nice work guys, i think we will see the popularity in this increase as a result and it will be appreciated by all. Was a bit strange seeing the page as it looked longer and we then realised why!! Once again thanks and i will dig up some links also.

  24. #24Construct'O2008-11-13 22:36

    Thanks to all those that made it happen:usa

  25. #25Gavin84w2008-11-14 04:10

    Some more to move

  26. #26Gavin84w2008-11-14 04:49

    Some more

  27. #27digger242j2008-11-14 06:29

    All moved. (Although, that last one was a repeat.) I didin't take time to read them, and took your word for it that they belonged in the scrapers forum. Thanks for doing the legwork there, Gavin, and 95zIV.

  28. #28DPete2008-11-14 09:43

    Great idea, thanks guys :drinkup

  29. #29Mass-X2008-11-14 21:58

    I've been out of town on a scraper job all week, only to get home and see all of us scraper fans now have a place of our own; thanks for the suggestion and a big THANK YOU to the moderators for giving us our own forum. So, who's going to go start the next good scraper debate?

  30. #30Gavin84w2008-11-15 00:04

    Here is one more worthy of the scraper only forum. Soon enough Mass X we will get some happening