Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Screener production problem

ror76a ยท 2013-05-18 17:51

I'm trying to screen some cow sand here; customer wants it screened to 2 mill. I have a Powerscreen Mark 2 with the 4x6 screen box and a 2 mill harp screen (.667 wire I think). Problem that I am having is the sand has a small amount of clay in it and the clay sticks to the screen wire and effectively plugs the screen, I am getting like 10 yards an hour . The sand is damp but not real wet. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to wait till the sand is super dry to screen? I was screening last summer with a 3 mill screen and got respectable production, but I guess this guy's cows are special .

Replies1
  1. #1grandpa2013-05-18 21:06

    I know this is not gonna help you now, but I screen 1mm USGA approved golf course sand..... 16 degrees above zero is the time.... sorry other than that. For now try loading out the top dry material and alternate where you pull the material so the sun can dry the next batch b4 you dump it in the plant. I also had Major Wire hand make me and end tension screen for doing this fine material.... was an expensive bugger a $2500 for a 4x8 deck. Grandpa.