I am trying to screen a 3mm stone out of my quarry dust known in MD as (AASHTO #10 Screenings) has anyone tried this?
I screen the fine dust, Mndot call's it "Superpave". But I use a washing plant to get it. I know one thing, if your trying to dry screen it, keep the moisture off it.... and welcome to the forums ascsean.
I used to screen 3/4- steel slag specifically to get the 1/8-,like that old guy said, keep it dry!
hey grandpa yea i am trying to stay away from the washplant and i try to keep it i believe the moisture ranges around 6 percent . Mitch504- what type of system where you using i have tried a flat deck sandvik qa330/powerscreen chieftain styles of machines and havent been a great success my idea was to try to use a trommel if i could get screens that were small enough
I used an Extec 5000 with a 3/16 harp wire screen. It did all right, but I wanted more production so I ended up with an 8 x 20 stationary screen, running 3/16 x3 slotted poly screen. The longer the material stays on the screen, the greater percentage of fines you will separate out, but less total tonnage per hour you will get. You can make the material stay on the screen longer buy running your screen flat and setting your vibration to throw the material back up the screen rather than down it. I had to modify the Extec to slow the feed rate because my fines were riding off the end on the back of the oversize at it's normal minimum rate. If you try to screen with to much moisture you get 2 problems. Your powder will stick to the oversize, and your screens will blind.
Not sure the exact setup our quarries use, but at least one has a dry "high frequency" screen to produce the AASHTO 10's. You still want to keep the material going in dry, but I do believe they have "heaters" that can be installed too.
yea ive looked into to hi frequency screeners to do it but i cant find anyone to demo or tell me for a fact that it will be able to work. im trying to take the stone out of the aashto 10s
I run a high freq screener to screen USGA top dress sand. Im screening down to 2mm. Only downside is I have to do it between 0 and 20 degrees F so the water in the sand is frozen. The cold sand goes thru like dust. But that info prolly don't help you much. If I try to run the sand above 32degrees without water, all it wants to do is bridge across the screen.