Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Screens

doublewide ยท 2019-06-01 19:24

Here's a shot of my screen plant.

Replies12
  1. #1doublewide2019-06-01 19:26

    On one side is the 1/2" screen that my FIL made. Has an electric shaker motor to mount to the center plate.

  2. #2doublewide2019-06-01 19:27

    On the other side is the 3" minus screen that I built.

  3. #3Ronsii2019-06-01 19:34

    Simple and effective I don't see a skidsteer in the pics.... how do you generally clean the pits?

  4. #4doublewide2019-06-01 19:41

    Ford 3930, 4 wheel drive with loader. Put that ol' boy in 4 low and he can dig! Thanks for the comment. :beerchug:

  5. #5grandpa2019-06-01 21:12

    I started like that over 50 years ago!! Still today its in my blood. I can totally understand how farmers can watch a plow turn a furrow for hours on end.

  6. #6Jonas3022019-06-01 22:37

    nice little setup

  7. #7doublewide2019-06-02 05:32

    Thanks guys.

  8. #8doublewide2019-06-03 19:06

    What I'd really like is to add a conveyor to self load....

  9. #9colson042019-06-03 19:31

    I like your set up, simple and effective. I could certainly make use of something like that, especially to screen out my top soil.

  10. #10doublewide2019-06-04 10:57

    This is what I'm generally using for topsoil. It's small and slow, if the material is dry and relatively weed free, if not, it's kind of a waste of time. But, it's ok for small projects. Thanks for the comment there colson.

  11. #11doublewide2019-06-05 18:57

    ...and today we was making poor man's gravel. :thumbs up:

  12. #12aighead2021-10-08 14:47

    Man, these look great! I'm not sure how I didn't, apparently, look any further than one or two threads down in this section of the forum...