Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SD77DA Volvo roller

Anthony93 · 2023-07-27 16:28

Vce00s77a00201015 is the vin number. I am having issues with it and can’t figure out what’s wrong. It would randomly jerk you and not go forward so last time we change out the pump that’s connected to the block and it worked fine after that. Now I just replaced it again but this time it lets you go slow and move just fine until you idle up the throttle then it jerks you forward stops and sometimes likes to die. There’s a continuous beeping when you release the park brake and no computer to diagnose codes. Has anyone ran into this issu before? Tia

Replies16
  1. #1funwithfuel2023-07-27 18:58

    Did you service your sump strainer and return filter? Have you confirmed that your suction hose isn't cracked and sucking air?

  2. #2Anthony932023-07-27 19:34

    Where is the sump strainer at? To be honest I had no idea about that one. Is it also connected to the hose you speak of

  3. #3funwithfuel2023-07-27 20:01

    please see attached

  4. #4Anthony932023-07-27 20:35

    They come up blank when I open them

  5. #5Welder Dave2023-07-27 21:26

    You should have another screen pop up and then click open.

  6. #6Anthony932023-07-27 22:01

    That screen that pops up is just white with no other details or instructions on it unfortunately. It might be because I have an iphone

  7. #7Anthony932023-07-27 22:03

    I’ll jump on my computer when I get home

  8. #8funwithfuel2023-07-27 22:05

    You may have to, "download attachment " but see what pops up at home.

  9. #9Anthony932023-07-28 08:05

    ok so i was able to bring them up on my computer i have changed the three can filters with the last service i will try those screens next and see what it does thank you

  10. #10funwithfuel2023-07-28 08:18

    Is there a noise associated with the surging? Are you hearing any howling or growling. Is your towing valve turned all the way in or out? Check the DIN plugs on the HST pump. Make sure the retaining screws are snug. No rocking and connectors are tight.

  11. #11Anthony932023-07-28 08:51

    All it does is if you move the handle forward slowly while idled up your able to move. If you idle up and push it forward fast it’s like the e brake engages and it stops you

  12. #12Anthony932023-07-28 08:52

    On some occasions it will die on you

  13. #13Anthony932023-07-28 09:22

    I’m kinda wondering if for some reason it’s still losing pressure somewhere

  14. #14Anthony932023-08-09 14:35

    Ok so I cleaned and replaced all the filters, hydraulic pump, and the manifold that power the high gear, drive enable, and the e brake and it’s still activating the e brake when in motion once the machine warms up

  15. #15funwithfuel2023-08-09 14:39

    If it's happening as it warms up, I'd be suspicious of a relay or solenoid coil weakening with heat.

  16. #16terex herder2023-08-09 21:54

    Is it a hydraulic release e brake? Are you losing hydraulic pressure and the loss of pressure is setting the brake?