It seems I have the same problem as bgleich except my 236B is a year newer. Right work tool pilot is leaking. Machine Serial No. is HEN02847. From Wagner Cat I have Valve GP-BAS is 228-9228. Seal kit - 9t-2837 plunger 8u-9427 (3 required) plunger 203-1100 (1 required) joint kit 289-8440 It looked like Nige answered all these questions for bgleich earlier. I'm new to heavyequipmentforums so I'll search for Willies "How To" guide. I'm thinking all I need is the seal kit as it looks like the leak is seeping out around the top of the plungers. Any insights would be appreciated.
I think this is the "how to guide" you are looking for: HeavyEquipmentForums
Thank you so much.
No problem. I woould suggest taking pictures of the valve before any parts are removed and maybe make a sketch with notes on it. Then have one can, tray or container of some kind for each section and label them with numbers on the sketch and put parts in their corresponding cans. Maybe even lay the parts out a a clean sheet of paper as they come out and take picture of them in the "exploded" view. You may get lucky and all the components with be the same but why chance it?! Ten minutes to get prepared can save hours of head scratching latter!
Thank you. The cell phone pics are a miracle.
Digital pictures are one of the best things around. You can take dozens of pictures and see them "right now" and if they don't show what you wanted take another dozen! Not like in the old days when taking half a dozen would cost you $10.00 or more and you had to wait a week or more to get the pictures back and then find out they were blurry or just didn't show what you wanted to see. Not to mention the fact that you could not just send them to someone the other side of the world in a matter of a couple seconds for a second opinion on what you are looking at!