Is there any way of disconnecting the seat belt warning buzzer on a 2001 Case 1845C?
Of course there is...find the buzzer and disconnect it or fit an in-line toggle switch, easy. However, you would then be altering a manufacturer installed safety device. If oneday you had an accident and subsequent insurance claim then you could find yourself in deep water. I imagine the good peoples at Case thought the buzzer was important. Its your machine.:cool2
It'll be quiet if you buckle up...
I guess it would be quiet whether your lap is behind the belt or in front of it...
Well I would buckle up if I could, but seeing how I bought the machine used and some A-hole thought it would be a great idea to cut the end of the belt off, well that makes it kind of difficult!!! I'm waiting on a new one so I just wanted to know so I could disconnected without messing anything else up until I get the new one.
Is there maybe a fuse that you could pull that doesn't affect too much else? I realized the importance of my seatbelt when pulling stumps with the forks - a couple good hard thumps of the old beannie on the roof made me a believer....
This machine does not require the seat belt to be fastened. There is an operators presence switch in the seat and a lapbar switch. does the machine operate fine and just the buzzer is on? Is there a warning light on in the panel other than the systems ok light?
The machine starts and runs fine and there is a seat belt warning light that comes on with the buzzer which wouldn't be a problem but the project that I'm using the machine for now has me doing a lot of starts and stops (approx. 15 minutes sitting still before having to move again, and this goes on all day long) and I hate just letting the engine idle for that long, but in return if I shut the engine down I have to listen to that dang buzzer every time I start the engine!! Oh well, sounds like it may be more trouble than it's worth considering that the new belt is on order and should be here soon. Thanks for everyones help!!
The seat belt light and buzzer you describe come on on alot of these machines at start up until the alternator starts charging. Usually you can bump the throttle up real quick and it will go out. I have had a couple machines that had to be at half throttle for a few seconds before the light and buzzer would go off.
Now that you say mention it that is exactly what my machine does, so when able to actually buckle the belt when the buzzer still sound??
Yes, the seat belt has nothing to do with the warning buzzer or the light. There is not a sensor in the seatbelt like a car has. The warning is on the charging circuit. I think it was a way for Case to kind of have a seatbelt light without the expense of the sensor and the belt latch that it would work withthe sensor, probably to make the liability lawyers happy when they were designing the machine and trying to cut costs. Even the new Case machines do not a anything that requires the seatbelt to be buckeled up.