Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Seat for an old excavator. Anyone else make them?

fastline ยท 2012-06-26 13:09

Have an old CAT 225 in need of seat work. Plenty of "universal fit" seats out there but that usually means hours of beating, welding, bending. Looks like I can get some parts from CAT but wondering if there were any aftermarkets that did specific model seats?

Replies3
  1. #1stock2012-06-26 16:25

    http://www.kabseating.com/

  2. #2Willis Bushogin2012-06-26 21:13

    I think I would go to a farm supply place, like AgriSupply/Tractor Supply, etc and try to get a seat that the base is close. Then bolt, weld, Fab that seat Another option, is go to a truck salvage yard and get a non airride seat. Older Ford L9000 had pass. seats that was small enough for this Good Luck

  3. #3Taylortractornu2012-07-09 22:43

    Try Bostrom seats. Cat wanted 760 for a seat for my old D5B at work Bostrom got me one for 200. I wished I had seen this post sooner a logger here cut up a straight 225 with a good seat