Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Seatbelt Alarms

woodstuff ยท 2024-10-15 13:35

My company runs mostly CAT equipment and after a recent roller tip over incident, I wanted to get seatbelt alarms on some of our equipment with installed ROPS. I got a quote from CAT for $2300 a piece and I have a lot of equipment to install these on. Has anyone found an after market equivalent that will give the operator a warning buzzer if the belt isn't fastened? 2-300 I could understand, but $2300 is just a bit too far.....help!

Replies4
  1. #1fast_st2024-10-15 16:35

    Are the electric wires already in the seatbelt socket? I suppose you could have a safety person walk around the job and someone caught without it gets booted off the job for the day sans pay.

  2. #2heymccall2024-10-15 16:41

    The aggravation will be picking the correct belt assembly for each application, if you go aftermarket. "Equipment seat belt with switch"

  3. #3cfherrman2024-10-15 17:40

    Put a momentary switch by the seat belt latch that beeps until pushed and resets every key cycle, this way they have to basically put the seat belt on and no safety equipment is touched

  4. #4cuttin edge2024-10-15 20:14

    Posted in a mill site's equipment," Unbuckled, unsafe, unemployed! " Our new 450 John Deere knows when you try to fasten the seatbelt behind your back, and I think the newer Volvo loaders , no seatbelt, no heat, no AC, no music.