Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SEC Bucket

Jim ยท 2008-09-03 09:08

Hi guys, do you know who make the "SEC" brand buckets?

Replies21
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2008-09-04 02:44

    They are Chinese made buckets, and if you need a cheap bucket to do light duty work in topsoil or such they are OK, but if you work in hard ground or rock, look out. They are made of mild dteel, and the welding practices are not up to the standards of a quality bucket. This is definatley a case of "You get what you pay for"

  2. #2Jim2008-09-04 10:25

    So, SEC Buckets are light buckets? But I know SEC has the heavy duty bucket too.

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2008-09-04 10:56

    Its the "Heavy Duty" ones I am talking about. I would not even want to imagine the light ones

  4. #4raolela2010-05-23 02:56

    If you want to buy good bucket, then you can choose the bucket from LIUGONG company or other company.

  5. #5Kingston2010-07-02 03:04

    I'll post some pics of one with under 100 hrs on it that is rapidly getting all wanked out. It is an SEC 36" on a CAT 312B.

  6. #6kmenon2010-08-11 04:20

    I am looking for an SEC bucket supplier in Australia, does anyone know the company website or details of the supplier. thanks

  7. #7nickbowers2010-08-11 04:39

    rbauction.com brings them in. Regards, Nick EDIT: Nationwide Machinery Sales & Hire might be able to help you. http://rookharp.ihub.com.au/

  8. #8ddigger2010-09-02 19:52

    It took me less than a week to ruin a brand new so called heavy duty sec bucket on my 330l. Never again.

  9. #9raolela2010-09-03 03:46

    hehe, how to say, I really undertstand what Jerry said: "You get what you pay for" But not stand for china-made is noty good product. just because you don't choose good supplier/.....or good bucket per your own condition

  10. #10nickbowers2010-09-03 04:56

    If you look after the grapples they lasted for ever. Ofcourse if you bang them around they wont last too long

  11. #11AGA-PARTS2010-11-02 20:06

    If I was you I wouldn`t buy any Chinese brand buckets , I would buy Italian brand name. Even for my Russian clients, I buy from Italian suppliers and they ship from Italy to Russia.

  12. #12concretepumps2011-06-30 05:26

    Although I am a Chinese, and I'm familiar with this field, I don't know which one is SEC Bucket. I have checked their site, there was even no adress, phone, fax,etc, only an email. How to show it is from China?

  13. #13concretepumps2011-06-30 05:28

    Actually I think American ESCO bucket is so good.

  14. #14hiluxman2011-06-30 21:28

    okay on a jonyang or sany

  15. #15MTI Mark2011-07-20 09:27

    The company I work for, that being Mining Technologies International, can rebuild your old buckets, or build you new replacement buckets for loaders and excavators of all kinds. We have several bucket lip styles and ground engagemnt tools to meet whatever needs you have. Price may not be the cheapest on the market, but you will get quality product. MTI has manufacturing and rebuild facilities in the US and Canada, but ship globally. They can do simple lip replacements with striaght, spade, easy fill, and toothed lip systems, using hard plate or cast lip systems. Or they can make and replace the worn out plates in your bucket, add wear strips, shoes and buttons, teeth, replace and linebore the pin bosses and bushings, etc. so when you get your bucket back it is in excellent reliable condition. If anyone is interested, either go to MTi's website below for contact info, or feel free to shoot me an email and I will get you in contact with the proper persons. website: www.mti.ca email: [email protected]

  16. #16Jim2011-11-18 01:57

    Hi AGA-Parts, I don't think SEC can represent all the Chinese brand buckets. I even don't see one SEC bucket in China. From the internet, I am told that SEC is bad, as they use the bad materials. But that is not the whole story of Chinese bucket. We do the attachments too, including the buckets, and we use AR400, or T-1 and MS steel. The quality of attachments made in China has improved a lot actually. If you had a chance, you are welcome to China to have a look.

  17. #17joshbvh2012-01-02 13:46

    you want a good bucket go to industrialbuckets.com

  18. #18DigDug2012-01-02 18:58

    Ive seen a SEC bucket with a little use on it and it was ripped apart. They are junk . My opinion.

  19. #19MGW2012-01-02 20:16

    Whatever rbauctions brings in up here in Sask is not worth buying. Built far too light to stand up to anything.

  20. #20JDOFMEMI2012-01-02 20:39

    Just to add to my prior dispariging comments about the SEC bucket I had the misfortune of buying, mine still has the original teeth on it, and the edge between teeth is scalloped about 3" deep. The sides wore through, and the bottom wore through. The welds have nearly all come apart, pin bosses broken loose, etc. I don't know how many hours, as it gets swapped out a lot, and never used for hard digging. What gets me is the original teeth, except on the 2 shanks that broke off. I have used the Chinese teeth, and they don't last long, but they outlast the SEC bucket.

  21. #21greggn2012-09-09 20:25

    Could someone post of pic of this garbage ??