Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SEC bucket

Dominion 410 ยท 2011-03-26 12:43

Hi, Need to find a replacement bucket for our Cat 966D loader. Have noticed these SEC buckets for sale, not sure of build quality though. It will probably become a spare after the Cat bucket on the machine gets rebuilt. Anyone try one of these buckets? Thanks for any replies, Dominion

Replies2
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2011-03-31 02:14

    I have a lengthy reply on SEC buckets in an excavator thread. I would not buy one for any reason. They are not worth their weight in scrap iron. The quality is horrible, and I would rather have a worn out Cat, Esco, JRB, Entek, or a number of others than a brand new SEC. If you only use it in loose material, it may last as long as the first set of teeth, if you are careful.

  2. #2demo2011-04-08 22:26

    junk bucket for sure. i bought one for a zx 120,has less than 100 hrs on it and the bottom caved in and all the wear straps are falling off. stay away!