Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

second bucket for a pc 75 ?

dany ยท 2010-01-04 18:50

I bought, about a month ago, a komatsu PC75uu around 3400hrs Tried it before snow gets in. It works fine, although I have to change the 4 leaking o-rings at the fuel pump. The PC75 is now kind of stored for winter. There is 3ft+ of snow all over. My question is what kind of second bucket should I buy? I tought about a 48 inches. I saw on the forum someone having a 52 inches, or so. Would a bucket over 48 be too heavy? I intend to use it for manure loading into a spreader, for surface drainage work and for other works that can handle a larger bucket. The dealer has suggested a 48 inches. Thank you Dany

Replies8
  1. #1special tool2010-01-04 19:07

    What size bucket is on there now?

  2. #2Anto Modded2010-01-04 19:21

    5 foot bucket is ok on a 7 tonne, a shallow one is better. Got one before and it was a deep one and was heavy, worked and graded grand, but with a load it was a bit heavy. I used a shallow 5 foot and it was perfect. As stated above what size is the bucket you have on te machine now

  3. #3dany2010-01-05 08:35

    bucket Thank you for your answers, Right now, it is a 24 inches. Dany

  4. #4komatsuman12010-01-05 21:17

    Dany did you buy your 75 at R B in vancouver? and if so, how much did it cost to transport to montreal?

  5. #5dany2010-01-06 12:52

    pc75 No, I actualy bought it from a guy who bought it last year (2008) at R&B auction in MOntreal. The excavator was at 2 km from home when I bought it. In 2009 the price was too high at this auction to make good deals. I don't know if this was also the case in Vancouver??

  6. #6joispoi2010-01-06 13:25

    You mention manure loading first, so I'm guessing that's the primary need for the bigger bucket? If the bucket is too narrow (either in width or in height) manure tends to get caked in there. The larger and more square the opening of the bucket, the easier it is to dump (no pun intended).

  7. #7stock2010-01-06 16:37

    manure is not as dense as most other materials so I would definitely get a larger bucket may even a skeleton bucket .

  8. #8w2bstoned2010-01-10 23:08

    that would be cute loading cow manure with one of those...lol There would be more manure on the machine then in the spreader....lol