they say a picture says a 1000 words, well heres 10 000: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=D7GDoQNj_NU I don't know how long the drive motor has been like this, I noticed this when it threw both tracks off (probably because of bad tensioners and busted track rollers) - probably an unrelated issue is my drive motor on its way out? Could the issue be in the planetary gear side or the hydraulic motor side? Moderator Edit: Link above doesn't work, see post #6 for correct link to video
Link seems to be broken. What make/model machine?
Schaeff HR12 1.6 tonnes, about 6500 hours on it
Yeah, I'm not going to log into Google to see a YouTube video. I think you need to make the video 'Public'. HTH J P.S. PERHAPS THIS IS A PHISHING SCAM??? Maybe a moderator should close this thread & remove the link. Looking for "Report" link. Found it-reported.
Well, I've looked over other posts made by permaculturist, don't really see anything that would indicate anything suspicious, but you're right, the link provided above takes you to a sign on page. Might be legit, but like you said, I wouldn't log into it. permaculturist needs to post a link that's public viewing. Since his location is listed Estonia I'll give him a day or two to post a correct link before I edit the link from his original post.
sorry, my bad I accidentally copied the link that was meant only for me from youtube, here is the public link: https://youtu.be/D7GDoQNj_NU I was wondering why no one had replied willie59: could you fix the link in my original post? I can't edit it
I couldn't really fix the link in the original post, if I had done that it would make the posts that came after not make sense. However, I did direct members to view the correct link in post #6 so folks would see your video. :drinkup I wager the final drive is probably knackered up inside. I'd pull the drain plugs from the finals, most have magnetic plugs, and see what kind of debris is attached to the magnet. If it's large fragments, not a good sign.
Yep, sounds like she no gots no oil no more, the internal lube has become external lube elsewhen. Also I think those drives have an issue with either the drive spline or the gear teeth on the input sun gear wearing away which might explain the slack in the gear train.
I finally managed to get the cover off the motor hydraulic connection bay (rounded bolt) it was packed full of gravel - hard as rock + also actual rocks about 2"x1.5" I did not find any opening where these came into the motor bay, maybe when the tracks were extended where the hydraulic lines go from the lower frame into the motor bay (this no longer works for some reason, even though the extending hydraulics try pushing it wider - nothing happens) is this a bad thing?
Your rocks are ground up and rounded off pieces of gears and bearings.
I think he's talking about the backside where the hydraulic lines connect to the motor, there's a sheet metal plate covering it up.
I read that wrong. Thanks
yes, lantraxco was correct I havent gotten to opening the motor up yet, I dont have the tools right now The weird thing is that the offending drive motor does not move when I try to move it manually (its below freezing now), whilst before (above freezing) it had a 1..2 degree slack in it the other drive motor that had a <0.5 degree slack to it still moves and has slack. The oil check plugs did not come off, they are not magnetic and it seems they were hex once - now they are just rounded. or maybe they are magnetic and just frozen shut (I'll test that assumption asap)
Drive may be full of water or wet mud that's frozen. Only way to know is do surgery.