I have a 1965 Koehring 505 with a 371 detroit. I looking for any information on the 371 detroit. My oil pressure gauge was working and suddenly stopped i just located an oil line that isn't connected to the block but i can find where it goes. Please if anyone can help me Id appreciate it. Thanks, Raye
Detrioit?? The 505's were equipped with 6-71 motors. Are you sure it is a 3-71? Count the airbox covers. Also some of the 505's had CAT D333T engines also. The difference in the sound of the CAT or Detoit is unmistakeable. Fortunately There are lots of manuals on parts and repair of the Detroit engines around. the is a host of them on Ebay. I bought mine there. Look for the inline 71 books those will help. You might find a book for the 505 Koehring too. Check Buy it Now I found four of them. Let me know if you need any ore help.
thanks Yea I meant to type 671 I must have hit the 3 key instead of the 6. Yea it has a 671 detroit. I've looked around and so far I have been unsuccessful finding info. Thanks for replying to my post. I was beginning to think I was the only one that worked a dinosaur still haha
Koehring 505 I have a 505 and runs great. working running, Manuals extra 671. Blew a line bla bla bla. I am finished with it and going to sell it. The scraper offered $9K. Does anyone want any parts before I cut it up. Email me at [email protected] .
do you have any pics of your 505 we have 3 and one being restored now.
Oh yea... I can post a picture of it tomorrow. she looks like a rust bucket but runs like a champ!!! you have some parts you looking to get rid of?
Sorry to dig up an old post, but because I've only just registered on the forum I can't start a topic yet. A guy I know has an old Koehring 505 that has been sat in the weeds for a few years. We just spent the last couple of days trying to get the old 6-71 DD to fire up, and finally got it going today. When it came to testing the machine we didn't know what the controls were. Can anyone tell me what control does what please as there are no markings and several air leaks, so nothing is working properly yet. This machine will be for sale shortly, if anyone is interested.
Hi, Richuk. Backhoe controls, Left lever: swing Left triggers: dipperstick. Right lever: boom. Right triggers bucket. On the floor left two pedals are travel foward and back. The steering control is on the left dash. Plan on crawling under it and checking/ lubricating the brake linkages. The controls Grey with "Salem 603" the plastic air lines are 3/16". Dont know about Canada, however when I went to replace my lines I could not find 3/16" hose any where. I eneded up replacing with 1/4" The connector fittings are 1/16" male to 1/4" tube. The machine will need 90 PSI of air to operate. Hope this helps.
Thats great, thanks. What are the 3 pull buttons on the dash? They are air fed and also, what is the centre lever and the 3rd pedal? Thanks again.
Pull buttons staritng at back; swing brake, steer left, steer right. The center lever is the master clutch control the 3rd pedal is varies the speed of the bucket and stick. There maybe a dash button for this labled "Meter air" All the above mentioned are air fed. Also another note. Make sure to soak the track drive chains in oil too, keeps broken chains down to a minimum. They're no fun to fix.