I took my John deere 750c series 2 dozer to a dealership the get it fixed, $40K later and the dozer is not fixed. I am in a lawsuit with the dealership for failure to preform. I can go into much greater detail about what has been done to the dozer with a mechanic that is interested in giving a proper diagnosis of what needs to be fixed or was overlooked. I am located in southwest VA, I would like to find a seasoned mechanic close to the area, I can haul the dozer to a shop if needed. Feel free to private message me.
How about a machine model and serial number, a description of the problem your trying to get repaired, and what has been done by your dealer
Just be happy you didn't just buy that thing for 50 or 60K like all the goofs seem to want for dozers on websites. If you want help here we all need lots of details of what the problem is.
Well unfortunately I paid close to 50k for it almost 3 years ago during the plandemic. With that being said, I am seeking a mechanic to access what is wrong with the dozer and give court testimony. I have an idea what the problem might be, but this must be a unbiased opinion from a neutral 3rd party. I would be happy to share all details with a mechanic that is seasoned and willing to access the dozer. My guess is a PCP control valve problem and a missed electrical calibration. Both tandem pumps rebuilt along with the wheel motors. Hydro pressures tested and all with in JD specification. Trans was overheating because dealership failed to remove and inspect the Thermostat/Fluid control valve or replace, after being personal told to by myself in order for the warranty on the pumps not to be voided. I can go into greater detail if a Mechanic is interested in diagnosing the dozer.
I will happy to supply that. 70750CX903436 series 2
Was taken to dealership with transmission overheating and losing tracking power. Dealership said needs both pumps and both wheel motors rebuilt. Dealership pulled pumps and wheel motors to be sent out to vendor of thier choice. I informed dealership I had a vendor that could do the rebuild of the pumps and wheel motors for a said price. Dealership wanted to use thier vendor, come to find out thier vendor was incapable of doing the rebuild then sent them off to a 2nd vendor with out permission and wanted 10k more for price I was quoted. I received the pumps and wheel motors back, sent them out to my vendor who rebuild them and tested complete unit. Dropped them off at the dealership for reinstall with written instructions for the oil cooler to be removed and properly flushed in a vat and pressure tested for leaks along with the Thermostat/hydro control valve. Dealership told me the did not have the means to properly flush and vat the oil cooler and did not have a vendor that could. So I had to pick up and personally take to a shop that could preform the cleaning and pressure test the cooler. Returned cooler and again instructed them to inspect the Thermostat valve. Dealership called and said machine was ready. Pick up dozer and with in 30min of pushing trans temp light came on, sent back to dealership, the called and said is was ready, went to test and tracking was way off on machine. Called again and said was ready, I picked up and again and testing trans temp light came on, shut down machine called dealership and they said they couldn't fix it to take it to a JD dealership and they would pay for them to fix. Took machine to JD dealership, come to find out the never inspected Thermostat and was found faulty, among other things that the 1st dealership didn't do. JD dealership called and said the machine was ready, when there tested machine, upon putting blade down to load up the blade and lost tracking power, I called the JD mechanic out to show him the problem and mechanic stated I did not know how to operate my own machine so I told him to get in there and show me how it is done, he got in and after 3 failed attempts he got out and said your right we have a problem, I asked him if he even tested the machine before calling me and he said Nope. They demanded more money and I said talk to the other dealership, othe dealership said they would not pay them anymore to fix it and figure what was wrong. Machine been sitting and the JD dealership for 1 year and 7 months now. This how slow the judicial process is. Now it is time for a 3rd party to come in and inspect and give a diagnostic of what is wrong.
That serial needs to begin with a "T", and with that being said, 903436 only comes up as a 700H. Please double check your serial number. The first shop was not a dealer? Good luck. I don't think any mechanic is going to want to get in the middle of that.
No the 1st shop was a Case Dealership I had done business with. I spoke with the Head mechanic in charge and he assured me multiple times they were more than capable in being able to fix the dozer. I have been a heavy diesel mechanic for 23 years before getting out of the business, so I even gave them all all the manuals for full break down and repair of the entire machine and systems on thumb drive.
Well being a mechanic is a profession, if a mechanic is scared of doing a job they will get paid for because of circumstances, then that is definitely not who I am looking for. A mechanics job is to solve and fix problems. Guess you could say iam looking for the Sherlock Holmes of mechanics, one that is not scared to solve the problem.
There has been too many people involved with this. Im afraid a court case is just going to be a finger pointing contest with no true results. That being said, MG is who ide have do anything troubleshooting deere issues. Your machine is from the same era he is and I highly doubt there are many others with his knowledge and experience. Sorry this happened to you, we have seen this type of thing quite often on this forum. I believe you would be better served keeping this out of court if possible. Thats just going to send even more money down the drain. Picketing outside the dealerships and giving them some bad press would be better served.
Could you send me the contact information for MG, I would appreciate it. PM me if you like. Thank you
He is the one that replied to you in this thread above
So the Case dealer is who you originally sent this to? Do you know how this was proven? Usually, a dealer that fully warranties their work wouldn't allow the customer to dictate repair options. It sounds as though they were trying to work with you to help keep costs down but that's not a wise move. This is what should have happened first. How much was spent with the Case dealer? If the pumps and motors were done by an outside vendor that cost wouldn't be included. Were the pumps and motors done by a nationally reputable company? How much was paid by the Case dealer? Was it equivalent to what they had charged up to date? This whole thing is a disaster. This right here is why I have a very strict policy of NOT following other mechanics repair attempts. The more people that get involved the worse it gets. A few simple tests in the very beginning could have narrowed the problem down to a specific area.............but I'm afraid the Case dealer mechanics didn't do proper troubleshooting on a DEERE product, probably made some assumptions, and here you are $40K later with the same problem. The Deere dealer knows this is a mess. I'm surprised they even looked at it with this history. It sounds like your fight is with the Case dealer, but you carry some fault in allowing them to mess with this at all. I just don't see how taking this to court is going to solve anything, especially a year and a half after the fact. I'm afraid you have an attorney telling you that you have a solid case...........when you really don't. No one with any brains is going to look at this............you would be better off cutting your losses at this point with a few expensive lessons learned through this process.
I learned along time ago on excavators, to dislike hystat systems. If this was built like the olden days this would not be an issue. Yeah off topic again sorry.
On a different note,I wonder how the ‘right to repair’ case is currently going on in America. I know John Deere are in the spotlight over all this,but they lead and everyone else follows
The Case dealership I took the Dozer to wanted to work on the machine, even after several times I spoke to the Head Mechanic asking him if he had all the proper diagnostic tools to preform the job and he emphatically said yes. Since i had bought several new pieces of equipment with them I trusted them based on what the head mechanic told me. As a costumer when a dealership says they can fix something that is a binding contract, especially when they get paid for their work. They were paid and failed to fix the machine. If they would have not charged me for their work and said take it elsewhere then this would be a different story. That is the Whole point of going to the courts to hear the case and let the jury decide. Just about every person has gotten screwed over by a dealership at some point in their lives. Life is simple just do the right thing, if your getting paid to do a job, then do the job or return the money. Pumps were rebuilt by a reputable company with a year warranty, both the Case dealership and the John Deere dealership were in contact with the Hydro company that rebuilt the pumps and wheel motors because it seems neither the tecs from both dealership knew a dang thing about what they were doing. John Deere preform all the test on the pumps and wheel motors and everything tested within JD specs. It sat at the JD dealership for over a year and a half until my lawyer had got the ok for me to retrieve the dozer, and everyone got paid to fix it, yet neither dealership had fixed the dozer. You are correct, my lawsuit is with the Case Dealership since they are the initial dealership this started with, and they are the ones that sent it out to the JD dealership. Now it has been 3 years since i have been able to use the machine, well over 100K into this machine, and i ended up taking it to Another John Deere Stealership in another state to get it fixed. Now this John deere delaership quoted me a price of $7673.81 to fix the dozer, I told the service manger i dont want to be quoted a price then to only come in there and be thousands more than what is quoted for it to be fixed. He (Jason) the service manger said that wont happen. Well guess what, I got there and my bill was $12,266.51 I was told it will 1st tract to the right a little but once counter steered it will straighten out and track fine. I went to load the machine put it in forward and the dam machine just tracks in circles, when back in to speak with Jason about this, he went and talked to a mechanic that said I told you it would not complete the TMC re-calibration. I told Jason the service manger to just give me my check back then, he said to late he already ran it through and sure enough it was already run through to my bank in a period no less the 30min. Jason then told me we will fix it and they will eat the labor cost. Fast forward to this morning, now Jason the service manger said the mechanic wont be back till this Thursday to look at it and they dont know what to do and that John Deere wont give them Any support, and Jason also said if the mechanic cant fix it with in 2 days I will have to pay any labor after that. NEVER in my life have i been treated so badly as a customer as I have with JD Dealerships. I will do what i can to make sure everyone knows how NOW JOHN DEERE and its Dealerships treats its customers. NO ONE should ever have to go through this. This is Exactly why lawsuits happen. JOHN DEERE ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS.
It is all about greed, corporate profits, pleasing share holders. John Deere ABSOLUTELY Does NOT care about the Customer. The will pay millions in legal fees to fight this only because they will profit more to make it so you can not work on your own machine. JOHN DEERE is NO Longer for the American people. JOHN DEERE is the (CCP) Chinese Communist Party of American Products now.
T0750CX918926
Kinda projects I always liked, the ones that no one else can figure out. But now days still need the quality manuals, and any special diag tools. Most of the time the most difficult problems are caused by something so simple everyone looks past it, and can't believe that would be the cause. Maybe the youtube guy Pine Hollow auto diagnostics could give it a go. And really make the dealers look like fools, he does it all the time. He's in PA and travels and has worked on equipment as well. Is this an electronic machine?
I know a couple of guys here at least...that I think could take care of this issue in a heartbeat. One is in your area..sort of.
Pretty much with out a doubt an electrical problem. But these stealerships are nothing more than parts changers at your expense, they have every scanner, scope, and specialty tool at thier disposal, yet have know clue how to properly diagnosis a problem unless the scan tool tells them what to do and how to do it.
Well send them my way, at the very least they can contact the JD dealership where the dozer is at and assist them. I would be happy to share all the information I have to assist.
The best person for electronics is the fellow I mentioned. He is the best of the best at electrical.
Don't think it would have a jury if it went to court but I understand you need an expert witness. Lawyers aren't cheap but will usually give a 1/2 consultation. I think your biggest beef is with the Case dealer in my opinion. They never should have said they can fix it. They were just looking at $$$$$ signs. You can't charge for fixing a problem if the problem still exists or is even worse. If you took the machine without letting them further try to fix it, they may be entitled to payment for what they did. I'd see if there is a lawyer referral in your area and talk to a lawyer(s) with experience in similar type repair disputes. You paid tens of thousands of $$$$$ and nothing was resolved. You should be entitled to at least some of your money back. Whether you come out ahead after lawyers fee's is another matter. There are definitely a few members on the forum that may be able to help you or at least guide you in what might be wrong. Good luck!