Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Seized Adjustment Ring on Rockford PTO Clutch

rossaroni ยท 2015-11-10 17:23

Had a slipping clutch on a tub grinder, and went to adjust it....found out that the locking tab was never engaged on the adjustment ring. Now I cant get the thing to move one way or another to try to adjust it. Any advice on breaking this thing loose?

Replies3
  1. #1mitch5042015-11-11 00:18

    an air hammer with a dull chisel in it

  2. #2kshansen2015-11-11 07:53

    Along with a little penetrating oil in the area of the threads.

  3. #3rossaroni2015-11-15 06:05

    Thanks, Gentlemen. Tried the air hammer alone, no luck. Actually broke off a tooth on the ring. The water pump went on the tub as well, so while fixing that, I continually soaked the threads with 2 cans of PB. By the time I had everything back together on the pump, the clutch was willing to cooperate. There's days where I hate being my own mechanic, but man, do I like not seeing a bill from someone else that is