Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Seller & Ebay Warning

John C. · 2022-07-07 23:56

I have a client that has been burned by an internet scam and he has given me permission to spread the work on this scam. Yunick Motorsports, LLC is a criminal operation that purports to sell high horsepower racing and diesel engines on the internet. The fraud involves advertising on Ebay, Facebook and their own web site for high performance racing engines, high horsepower diesel engines and components used in high performance engines. There are multiple victims who can be found by doing a Google search. The owner is currently awaiting trial in Florida on a state charge of organized fraud. The scam works by generating interest with an Ebay ad showing partially assembled engines with the promise that they can be finished to specification with a factory warranty. Items have to be paid for up front. Once the wire transfer is made they stall the sale past the Ebay guarantee and then keep stalling. Then they will come back with needing more money in order to obtain the programming from the factory and beginning the warranty. The whole thing is done by email and texts. Because the fraud is committed using the internet, email and text messaging, it is defined as wire fraud which is a federal crime. The owner currently is charged under state law but we intend to try to get this filed under federal law as well. If anyone else has heard of or had any dealings with this company I would like to hear about. Start a private conversation with me and I can relate that to the proper authorities. Thank you and be careful out there. Crooks are making the web their home.

Replies35
  1. #1Truck Shop2022-07-09 18:59

    I don't think the majority of people really know what LLC stands for.

  2. #2John C.2022-07-09 21:43

    LLC means Limited Liability Company. It is almost the same thing as a Sub Chapter S Corporation. What that means is that business operations done within the business itself do not endanger the assets of the individual owners. If your company goes bankrupt and the creditors are lined up to take the money that is owned to them, they can't touch any of your assets like your possessions, bank accounts or securities and so on. In most cases it does not shield the owners of the company from illegal operations like fraud. This guy did the bankruptcy thing some years ago and one of the creditors went to the bankruptcy court and proved that the money owed was as a result of fraud and that money cannot be discharged in a bankruptcy. The bankruptcy court agreed. He just moved his operation for Georgia to Florida and started over.

  3. #3Truck Shop2022-07-09 21:58

    I was being my usual self John, I can't repeat the slang for LLC on here. Sorry I caused you a bunch of typing.

  4. #4John C.2022-07-09 22:04

    Not a problem. Send me a PM on the slang. Maybe I can use it in some other venue.

  5. #5OzDozer2022-07-10 04:06

    Operators like this usually cross the wrong type of people eventually, and they get what they deserve - if they're lucky, it's a vicious beating on a dark night by unidentifiable assailants - or sometimes, even better, it's a bullet in the head from a hit man. Some people are just straight-out oxygen thieves.

  6. #6John C.2022-11-15 14:34

    Here is an update on the case for November 15, 2022. I contacted Ebay about the ads put up by Yunick Motorsports, LLC and they pulled down the listings under that name. However they did not pull down the listings posted under 2011gregs which is the owners listings. I have called and put reviews up but nothing is happening at all on those. The owner, Gregory H Slayton has apparently put his son Eric in charge of the contacts and is claiming a new address that doesn't include a house or lot number. Mr. Slayton has a final pretrial hearing next week on the charge of Organized Fraud and hopefully a trial date will be set. I found that he is also operating under the name of Delta Plows. I have been contacted by another victim sent to me by the detective on the case to compare notes. Same scam, same results. I talked to the detective again last week and she said they are investigating another victim and was getting a warrant for banking records again. I did go through the county records and can look up the current court cases involving this person and also figured out how to look up Federal Cases as well using the PACER system. Costs are minimal in some cases of none at all in others. Be aware of these names if they come up in a word search looking for parts or complete engines. Yunick Motorsports, LLC, Delta Plows is the subsidiary company in Florida, Gregory H Slayton and 2011gregs. I put them here so they will show up in searches.

  7. #7Coaldust2022-11-15 15:25

    Thanks for the update.

  8. #8Eric962023-11-14 10:26

    This is his son eric I got absolutely nothing to do with my stupid pos father iv barely even turned a wrench at that red neck **** hole shop I just stumbled upon this because lately he took out a cell phone in my name with out my permission or knowledge so I did some googling bc he’s done **** like this in the past (imagine that) if your client has any more info or anything let me bc the stupid **** bag just says this is all made up n won’t admit that he’s using my name to sell/scam motors bc he’s already trashed his own name

  9. #9John C.2023-11-14 12:17

    I have responded to Eric on direct messaging. The case is still ongoing. Gregory Slayton has been indicted by the Florida Attorney General's office and is waiting for trial. The case has been delayed multiple times I believe because of the mess caused by Covid and the Governor of the State removing their elected Attorney General. The have changed the prosecutors on the case multiple times who have to start over from square one each time. There have also been more victims trapped to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars. Tomorrow is supposed to be another pre-trial hearing. We are not holding our breath on anything getting done.

  10. #10Welder Dave2023-11-14 13:22

    A few days ago a 41 year old man well known to the police as being involved in drugs and gangs and other criminal activity was shot at a service station as was his 11 year old son! Both were pronounced dead at the scene. It was a targeted shooting. His son apparently liked playing basketball. (back in 2021 he was also the target of a shooting in a restaurant but no one was killed that time) A burned out SUV believed to be used by the shooter(s) was found a few miles away. It wasn't far away from where I used to live. They are still looking for the shooters. Some of these scammers and crooks deserve what they get but they also need to consider what could happen to members of their family if they mess with the wrong people.

  11. #11John C.2024-01-23 15:09

    Update on Slayton case: I have received multiple communications stating that Eric Slayton's name was fraudulently used. The web page that showed his name was pulled shortly after I reported it and there is no evidence that Eric was ever involved in any of Greg Slayton's fraudulent activities. Greg Slayton has a pretrial hearing on February 7 and hopefully jury selection for trial on March 11.

  12. #12_Weldman_2024-01-31 23:33

    No trial will happen, they keep kicking the can down the road and keep offering him plea deal bargains till either one is taken or settle out of court. At which then one can file bankruptcy.

  13. #13John C.2024-01-31 23:51

    Debt relief through bankruptcy cannot be granted if part of a crime. Political commentary in violation of Forum Rules has been removed.

  14. #14Welder Dave2024-02-01 00:00

    A lot depends on how much money Greg Slayton has for lawyers. Big corporations or wealthy people can hire the best lawyers to drag things out for years. It's one of the problems with the legal system when one side doesn't have deep pockets. Sadly It's often the not guilty party that can't afford the best lawyers.

  15. #15Joe H2024-02-01 00:02

    He's still at it. 805 hp GT1/ SVRA Camaro for sale in Jacksonville Beach, FL, Price: $59,000 805 hp GT1/ SVRA Camaro for sale in Jacksonville Beach, FL, Price: $59,000 www.racingjunk.com 2021 Turbo ZL1 Camaro STU / TTU for sale in YULEE, FL, Price: $91,000 2021 Turbo ZL1 Camaro STU / TTU for sale in YULEE, FL, Price: $91,000 www.racingjunk.com https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/racingjunkgallery.internetbrands.com-gallery_site/600x399_85-1/tmp_img_65a4061623c88_942eaea1be7bc77b4c75e9d1bb295b268454fb71.jpg

  16. #16oarwhat2024-02-01 07:28

    OMG this stole at least $500,000 from boat owners looking for rebuilt engines. I can't believe he never went to jail. I called him out on boatdiesel as a fraud. At first I was the bad guy until the stories started coming out.. Check out the thread were we went round and round. This was in 2009 and last I heard he was going to jail. Damn he's the worst!! https://boatdiesel.com/Forums/index.cfm?CFAPP=0&Forum_ID=607&Thread_ID=38667&Search=2&SR=1

  17. #17oarwhat2024-02-01 07:44

    more https://boatdiesel.com/Forums/index.cfm?CFAPP=0&Forum_ID=7&Thread_ID=65360&Search=2&SR=1 https://boatdiesel.com/Forums/index.cfm?CFAPP=0&Forum_ID=7&Thread_ID=53275&Search=2&SR=1 https://boatdiesel.com/Forums/index.cfm?CFAPP=0&Forum_ID=691&Thread_ID=40004&Search=2&SR=1

  18. #18OzDozer2024-02-01 08:00

    Oarwhat - Only members of boatdiesel.com can view those threads you posted.

  19. #19oarwhat2024-02-01 08:27

    Damn I wondered about that. I can't figure out a way to put it on here. That guy is getting me pissed off again just reading those threads again. anyone know how I could post them?

  20. #20Shimmy12024-02-01 08:38

    You just can't help yourself, can you.

  21. #21_Weldman_2024-02-01 10:03

    Control Shift S to take screen shots and post them as pictures on here.

  22. #22John C.2025-10-30 14:12

    On October 13, 2025 Gregory Slayton was found guilty of grand theft (lesser included offense) in the Fourth Judicial Circuit Court, in and for Duval County, Florida. "The court hereby adjudges you to be guilty of the above offense(s)." Now, therefore, it is ordered and adjudged that the imposition of sentence is hereby withheld and that you be placedon Probation for a period of Six (6) months under the supervision of the Department of Corrections, subject to Florida law. He was confined in the County Jail for a term of 3 days with credit for 3 days jail time, as a special condition of supervision. Time was already served. He was ordered to pay court costs and some restitution but the order only shows $27,500 plus other court costs and nothing to those who were defrauded. He entered a plea of guilty which i'm sure was a plea deal and because the State of Florida bounced this around for so long by changing prosecutors and scrambling up the records and facts of the case they basically ended up with this or nothing. Now that he has been convicted, it may be possible for the victims to pursue civil suits to strip him of any money he may have squirreled away. That is if there is anything left. I'll keep my feelers out for anything involving Mr. Slayton. I would appreciate hearing from anyone in the future if he sets up shop again and continues committing wire fraud and theft.

  23. #23oarwhat2025-10-30 15:30

    Not much punishment for the heartache he caused people. At least he got convicted.

  24. #24Coaldust2025-10-30 16:34

    Thanks for the update

  25. #25Welder Dave2025-10-30 17:21

    Barely a slap on the wrist. That's what's wrong with the justice system. He should have had to answer to all the victim impact statements. For sure he's got money stashed away. He's the kind of guy that if something bad happened to him people would be delighted. Has to be a pretty despicable person his son wants nothing to do with him. That would devastate most parents.

  26. #26Eric962025-11-17 03:31

    1550 Gardners Creek Lane Yulee, FL 32097 is new resident / bull **** shop down a dirt road not gonna say to much More on the net But we can get together n celebrate when karma comes a knocking he thinks he’s above the law bc my grandma got him out of every situation bc cry and say he was gonna hurt himself this dudes a pure pussy to the bone

  27. #27Eric962025-11-17 03:40

    Iv maybe spent 30 days around him in my whole ***** life 29 years now he used pour beer on me as a lil kid I grew up he smashed my phone bc I brought up the past of when he brought a stripper a truck while married to my mother something happened he lost his teeth n he called the police on me n I whent to jail after he literally smashed my phone in 30 Peace’s that I payed for I was like 19 At the time and the woodbine jail is freakin terrible imma strong believer in karma if any one else he messages of him pretending to me plz let me know

  28. #28Eric962025-11-17 03:43

    1550 Gardners Creek Lane Yulee, FL 32097 new house / shop just go sit down and “talk” to him

  29. #29Eric962025-11-17 03:48
  30. #30Eric962025-11-17 03:54

    1550 Gardners Creek Lane Yulee, FL 32097 is the address to his new shop it’s down a dirt road and yes he’s now ****** home made death trap race cars on this road racing website for insane prices with shooty roll cages put together by a blind welder and junk yard ls4 steal block out a 2500 work truck liein an sayin it’s a aluminum block that cranks out 1400 hp when the ***** barley running on 7 cylinders I can find the site if u want my cousin gave me all this info I live 1400 miles away from that loser

  31. #31Welder Dave2025-11-17 05:07

    So sorry to hear your dad's a total waste of oxygen! I wonder if you let the court/police know he's back scamming more people they might come down harder on him as a repeat offender/criminal? Either that or he needs to try scamming the wrong person. There are other scammers like him that would have much preferred jail time and serious fines over broken bones or worse. It's hard to comprehend what you've been through.

  32. #32Joe H2025-11-17 12:00

    Who the hell is this guy and why is he posting all this crap? Think this needs to be removed and this poster removed. Joe H

  33. #33oarwhat2025-11-17 12:15

    He's the says son of a very bad scammer. His dad has scammed people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

  34. #34Welder Dave2025-11-17 17:16

    If he's saving people from getting scammed that's a good thing. Some people are just wired wrong and get joy out of screwing other people.

  35. #35HarleyHappy2025-11-18 13:27

    This thread is all sorts of wrong!