Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Semi wheels

Blueboy · 2025-04-19 22:14

Just found out today I have a bent wheel. I might be able to pound it out but I’d rather replace it. Steer and drive wheels are the same but are trailer wheels also the same? Hub centered 22.5 I can’t believe the prices people want on eBay for just an ordinary steel wheel. So when I get around to finding someone that has a stack of them I just want to know what I’m looking for ahead of time. Thanks!

Replies5
  1. #1Truck Shop2025-04-19 22:31

    If it's hub centered--it's Hub Pilot. 2 hand hold wheels 22.5 are easy to come by in steel. Salvage yards are over flowing with them.

  2. #2IceHole2025-04-20 00:43

    Last 22.5s I bought where ~$125

  3. #3Blueboy2025-04-20 08:49

    Actually I’m looking for the 5 hand hold/hole kind. Just wasn’t sure if the wheel is listed as “trailer“, that it would be lighter. That is to say, less load rating. I do have a couple places I can get some it’s just a matter of travel distance. But the local car junkyard is nearby, I didn’t really consider them but it’s worth a phone call. Thanks guys!

  4. #4Blueboy2025-04-23 22:18

    $60 at the tire shop down the road. And I thought all they had was tires.

  5. #5Coaldust2025-04-23 23:07

    Blueboy, glad you found a wheel for your semi.