Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Service body builders

simonsrplant · 2019-01-01 11:58

Happy new year all Hope your christmas and New year went smoothly I'm Interested to hear everyone's opinions of body builders, best, toughest, everything a guy needs to know. Right now I'm leaning toward a maintainer or an oro body Fairly standard configuration with some nice custom features

Replies8
  1. #1Junkyard2019-01-01 12:12

    I’m on my second IMT. Can’t complain. The first went over 300k miles and was still in good shape. Their drawer setups are nice too. My current truck is at 135k miles and other than the one overloaded drawer they all work smooth. We don’t have much in the way of salt so I don’t know what they do when exposed to road chemicals winter after winter. I really like the look of the Maintainer stuff. Our smaller service truck has a Stahl bed and it’s made for a plumber or electrician. It’s not built for yellow iron work or the bulk associated with our parts and tools.

  2. #2AzIron2019-01-01 14:35

    My first choice is a maintainer hands down followed by imt Big thing with amintainer for me is I have seen quite a few of there beds go on a second and third truck with only a paint job an new door handles I dont think the bed will let you down

  3. #3willie592019-01-01 16:09

    Ditto, best bodies I've worked with are Maintainer. The quality of the build and their attention to detail is impeccable. That's not to say other bodies won't get the job done so go with whatever you can find that fits your needs and your wallet.

  4. #492U 34062019-01-01 18:49

    I've ran trucks with bodies from a few different manufacturers. My favourite so far I believe were built by Pride Bodies out of Cambridge, Ontario. I believe the one on the truck I ran was a refurbished body and it had about 5 years of beatings on it after the refurb and was still in great shape. I've ran others from Ventures and TK and they did the job but felt they were lacking a bit in quality.

  5. #5DARO2019-01-01 20:48

    Maintainers frist then IMT. One IMT i ran the salt got into the wireing harness. That was the only let down. Iv seen many IMT and Maintainers go 300 plus thousand miles and still working daily. I like the look fit and finish of the Steller tmax Iv never ran one.

  6. #6funwithfuel2019-01-01 22:27

    I've been with maintainer and IMT. Personally I liked my IMT better. It felt like I had more room in similarly configured cabinets. Could have just been my perspective, being so vertically challenged and all.

  7. #7simonsrplant2019-01-02 23:52

    Thanks fellas Some good feedback I'll keep you in the loop with what I go for Pics will follow

  8. #8JPV2019-01-03 12:11

    I have a 20 year old IMT that is holding up well, I have been very happy with it.