Anyone have a copy of the service manual for a JD 570 Grader? We have the operators manual but nothing on the rest of the grader. Right now I'd be interested in the spec'sn installing the cylinder head on the engine. Things like torqu pattern and bolt torques. Operators manual has the valve settings. Thanks, Ken
Hi Ken, I've just joined the forum and found your request for JD570 manual, if your still looking I'm sure I have a paper copy of JD570A workshop manual stashed away. Also a lot of other JD industrial manuals. I'm also selling some JD tooling. Regards Gary
Thanks for the offer. Right now it seems that I was able to locate the books from the branch of our company why had this machine a few years back. Actually was surprised that our own company's forum was being read and that some one replied. I only got internet access at work last year! A little bad news Wednesday, machine shop called and said the burnt valves in our head were the least of our worries. Said head was cracked beyond repair, but they did locate a rebuild-able one for us.
The 570 cylinder heads were pretty good, I repaired a lot of the 300 series engines and very few needed head work, if your head is that bad I would be looking to find out why and what other damage there was. I once saw a 300 engine that had been run without coolant until the bearings melted and pistons seized, the head was still in repairable condition.
Machine shop owner had said he felt water had got into the exhaust and froze. Exhaust manifold does have a crack between #3 and #4 cylinders, good used on on the way. So far have not seen any problems with the block or liners.
Hi Gary, Do you still have the 570A service manual? I am also looking for the parts manual. Bowman
Parts can be located on line at http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt or just do a search for John Deere Parts. I haven't seen the Technical Manual on line. It is as large as the the Parts Manual. There is also the Operators Manual and the Series 300 Engine Manual that are much smaller.
kshansen Thought I would use the online parts manual that I supplied in my above post. Depending on which computer I use I get different looks. On my older computer I get this look: http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt This has the sam illustrations in the parts manual to help locate the part, I am interested in no.11, moulded rubber hose, T35127. When I use the tablet I get: http://t.jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt This is the web page my tablet defaults too. Notice the t. prefix in the url. Can't make it go away and I do not get the same page as above. This takes me to part numbers alright, but NO ILLUSTRATIONS. I need illustrations. Good Luck, I guess the moral of the story is stay with the old stuff and take care of all those service manuals. BTW, that little part 11 has caused me more grief than I can convey. It is part of the return line to the hyd. oil radiator. Ever had ten gallons of hydraulic oil dumped in front of the radiator fan? Not a very pretty sight when you step out the machine to investigate "that smell" and then you open the engine compartment.