I have a bobcat 442 same as Terex HR32. It has a hydraulic thumb that we use all the time. I am installing a manual coupler to make attachment changes easier. Now I am looking to get a mulcher. My machine has just one set of aux lines but two connections coming out of the aux block. The block looks to have a valve to switch the flow to the different connection. I know the thumb are usually set at lower psi to keep from damaging cylinders when bucket it curled. My machine can go up to 4000 psi at 27 gpm. I obviously want to run my mulcher at my max gpm. How can I get the mulcher to be at higher psi and gpm and not cause issues with the thumb cylinder being too high?
The only "practical" way is run another aux line off the machine that runs the mulcher. That can be set at its own PSI rating. Running at max GPM isn't the issue, its the pressure that matters. I don't know if BC sells that or if it done on that machine where it is older. The pump needs to have another hyd valve. Sometimes they come that way, I just don't know if that machine did or not. If a second aux capability was an option when it was new, I would say that it has that valving. BC or maybe someone on here knows the answer to that.