Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Severe load fluctuation in mobile crane

mecham ยท 2016-01-09 04:14

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this query: I have a 120T crane in my yard. It is a 2007 model Terex Crane. While on load, as I increase/decrease the angle (change the radius) the load seems to be fluctuating in an erratic way. What could be the problem? Also, it doesn't show any error codes. Doubts range from the angle transmitter/transducer to air stuck in the cylinder. Suggestions are welcome.

Replies3
  1. #1Knepptune2016-01-09 11:59

    Bad piston transducer would definitely cause that. I don't know if it has the Greer rci510 computer or not. It may be to new for that. You should be able to open the transducers to atmospheric pressure and check the bits. A good working transducer should be in the 200-250 range I think. I just changed one the was 890 open to atmospheric pressure. The weights on the crane were all over the place.

  2. #253cummins2016-01-16 13:51

    Make sure you boom down in the saddle before you go pulling transducers out though.... seen guys almost forget that step

  3. #3mecham2016-01-25 01:27

    Turns it out was the piston transducer indeed.