Anyone got a sewer and watermain license in the greater Toronto area? If so how do you get one?....Thanks
It's about the dumbest requirement for a sewer and watermain contractor. Nothing that the license covers has anything to do with what a contractor does. It's setup for municipal workers, and if your not one it's very difficult to get. www.owwco.ca for general info http://www.owwco.ca/howto_oit.htm for instruction on becoming an operator in training
Have you done any of those courses?
I have done some courses, although not for that purpose. You don't need to do any courses to get a operator in training or level 1 water distribution / treatment license. Only a couple of exams, a year of "on the job training" (That must be signed off by someone with alicense class at least 1 level higher then the one you are looking to get). That's where the rub comes in. In order to get a level 1, you have to work under a level 2 operator. In order for that level 2 operator to retain their status they have to do x number of hours training and another x number of hours with on the job exp. The problem is that the exp they want you to have is only achievable if you work for a municipality, not a private contractor.
Thanks for your help, you're right, it seems a bit irrelevant by what I have read on the website
Sure is.. Are you looking for licensing for personal reasons or is someone asking for it?
I did a 4" waterline and a sanitary tie in last year in a park for the company I work for and nothing was ever said until a guy at my work mentioned (about 2 months after the job) that a license is required, but the building inspector never said anything. I'm a bit confused.