So she'll go into gear,( you can feel it and hear the motor bog down ) I'm thinkin the the brake bands are frozen,,from the photos. Are the release bolts for the brake bands under the square boxes on each side .ive turned a few wrenches ,but not on a dozer, but I'm confident I could work on it I just need to get it on a lowboy and get it to my place,,,or should I call a mobile mechanic @ £€¥*^>$ an hour to help me out ? Thanks for all your help friends,,'foozzer
What kind and model is the machine your talking about?
Mitsubishi BD2, I assume from his other post. It's been sitting for a while with a slight crack in the blade/frame. Have you considered winching it onto a trailer? Using some boards under the treads so it doesn't dig up the bed.
Ya delmer its a Mitsubishi bd2g model,,I want to thank all of for all your help up front ,,I was hoping to get it to move before I invest a bunch of money fixin her up,if it takes several thousands to get her to move what's the point,so should I pay 150 for a service manual,try to figure out how to release the brakes (if that is infact the prob.) myself,,,,,,pay a mechanic ,,I would like to learn how to work on her myself ,maybe save some coin :beatsme
Unless there's a parking brake function where you mechanically lock the brakes on, the bands are always loose until you try to turn, so the odds of the bands being frozen to the steer clutch drums is practically nil. From what I can see in the pictures it doesn't look like the brakes are actuated, but I'm not sure.
Have you checked the trans fluid level, you might be low.
All fluids are in good shape,she has 8&3/4 inches travel in the steering clutches ,so maybe just the tracks are stiffened up from sitting,or a brake was stuck on I thought if that was the case I would back the brake band off so it might move,or maybe my clutch packs are completely junk,just looking for some answers:Banghead. Thanks again for all your help friends
Lantraxco said the brake bands will not hang so much to keep you from moving, my thought is you might just have tranny problems. Hope someone here can tell you where to measure pressure
I've forgotten what I knew about these, is that direct drive or torque convertor? If it's direct it should kill the engine when you let out the clutch? Is there a short driveshaft under the floor plate to connect the clutch housing to the transmission? Has that got a single brake pedal, and if so does it and the linkage work free, and come up solid when you push it down? With it running about one third throttle and in gear, pull back on both steering levers at the same time, if the clutches aren't rusted stuck and the hydraulics work you should hear the engine pick up as the cross-shaft freewheels.