Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Short arm ?

Old Doug · 2023-09-20 07:53

I saw this yesterday and was half asleep. I thought what is the deal what was it used for? It was right beside the scales at the scrap yard . I pulled on to the scales and then i saw what was going on.

Replies5
  1. #1Vetech632023-09-20 08:00

    Somewhere, a big expensive bridge repair took place.

  2. #2OzDozer2023-09-20 08:36

    That's a $25K machine reduced to 25c a lb scrap metal, in milliseconds!

  3. #3Junkyard2023-09-20 08:44

    There’s an entire load of brand new small machines like that sitting in Tulsa. Talk about a bad day, driver didn’t stop at one machine when he heard the crunch lol

  4. #4Old Doug2023-09-21 07:24

    I found out yesterday that it hit a railroad bridge not far from me. Its a railroad over pass were the highway gos under.They dugout under it before but its not very tall. I will ask someone that lives by it but i dont think it done much damage to the bridge.

  5. #5Welder Dave2023-09-21 23:57

    Railroad bridges usually have a lot of steel and are hard to damage. An excavator damaged a bridge here and put a hole in the deck. They had to shore up the bridge before removing the excavator. The last news article mentioned they may make the truck driver have to pay some or all of the costs to repair the bridge.