This is mine, The wife and friends say i'm crazy, But hell i have some fun, Off to compete at our most popular and Biggest Burnout comp in Oz in January 2011 (just remember this car is right hand drive) Thats me steering http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T3-rsJsXYk&hd=1
Looks like a pretty good hobby to me!!!! :cool2. Crazy Aussies! What kind of car is that? :notworthy
I'd like to hear what general kinds of modifications you have to make to the car for for that. Beyond the obvious engine and drivetrain work.
Nice car! Do you mean summernats? I was over there in 2004 and again last year, what an awesome show!!
barklee. It's a aussie Chev Built in oz since 1948 called "Holden statesman"1975 model RHD. Dozerboy:It has a shortend Diff, tubed Gaurd ( rear fender) Big front breaks. Up front 532 chev, 2 speed power glide, Revs to 8.500 thousand. HSV127. Yeah heading up next week can't wait "Summernats" , Lost an engine last year 20 sec's into the final, got 2nd 2009,Cheers Leroy
The burnout comp in that heat! is a good proving ground for researching who has the strongest engine/drivetrain setup!! haha Here is some of my toys. #1, 1988 VL SS Group A, 304ci Twin throttle fuel injected V8 5 speed manual. #2, 1987 VL GTS 3.0Litre intercooled turbo straight 6, 5 speed manual. #3, 2000 VT HSV GTS Series 2, 5.7Litre LS1 V8 6 speed manual. #4, 1987 VL Calais 3.0Litre turbo straight 6, 5 speed manual. #5, Brown car, 1988 VL Calais 355ci Twin throttle fuel injected V8 6 speed manual. Red car, 1987 VL GTS 3.0Litre straight 6, 5 speed manual. White car, 1987 VL GTS 3.0Litre turbo straight 6, 5 speed manual.
HSV, Excuse my American ignorance... but what are those cars? VL?? Is that the manufacturer? Japanese?
Sorry Stevenbrla, my bad, they are all Holden cars made in Australia, Holden is owned by GM. The VL,VT is just the model.
Interesting... looks like you like em, huh?
Thats cool stuff! Funny here in the states, you will almost never find anyone putting that kind of time into a four door. Are those models even offered as coupes?
The VT shape was offered as a coupe for about 6 or 7 years but now Holden has bought out a whole new model they dropped the coupe, the only way to get a 2 door now is to buy a ute (pickup) like this, supercharger doesn't come standard by the way, haha
Hook a 60 year old tractor to a sled and drag it around a while.
Now we are starting to see some hobby's coming out, Love those VL's and VT's they look real cool HSV127, hardline, We have very few Old John Deere tractors that iv'e seen here Mate they sure look in a big way in the USA Cheers Leroy We didn't make alot of coupes in australia i think , supose we needed more 4 door family cars
Thanks Leroy, Yeah John Deeres are kinda like milk and apple pie. LOL Its like anything else. You got people that will swear buy and others that will swear at them. I got that one from a customer that could not pay his bills on his equipment repairs. He told me if there was anything around his place I would take and give him $ off his tab just let him know. My 4 year old at the time was walking around singing that country song Take ya for a ride on my big green tractor. So I asked her if she wanted one. She said yes so I went and picked her up and got it running. It has been alot of fun since. It was a junky fence row tractor but with a small amount of effort has turned out to be a pretty good tractor.
Nice tractor Hardline, I had the pleasure of watching some vintage tractor pulling at the Pageant of Steam in Canandaigua NY when I was over in 2007. Here you go, look at that traction!
Thanks HSV127. Those are some fine looking tractors you posted. Looks like you had a grand time. I usually do not spend much effort on making things look all pretty and shiny. I keep mine in "work clothes" LOL
Haha "work clothes" thats a good way to put it, still works just the same I bet.
So, HSV... your hobby is chasing women on slow moving tractors?? Easier to catch like dat?
Haha, Yeah maybe a few years back, don't need to any more caught one, her name's Layla and she's awesome!
Good deal!!
this is my passion and hobby. I LOVE Ford Mustangs. and this is my car
Has anyone else got some hobby's to show us Leroy
I must say you do very well behind the wheel Leroy seen you out at Lardner park,Strong sounding engine. Statesman not an easy car to throw around.
My hobby is to eat at all the Hooters in the world so I can get all these girls autographs. http://www.HootersMagazine.com/Gallery/59.html
I like your hobby tuney! Here is mine. We have a fiberglass dune buggy. 1600 vw motor. Goes most anywhere. Lots of fun cruising the logging roads around here.
I used to have a 92 mustang i worked on until i got it into the low 11's. I grew tired of it and sold it after owning it for 15 years. Now i have a 2007 GSXR 600 that i ride. This is my 2002 750 i totaled in 2009. I also broke my wrist and ankle. My new ride i currently have. I am thinking about getting a street bike also. Other hobbies i have are beer and guns. I am in the process of getting a new AR.
forget the traction...check out the girls running them haha
@tootalltimmy those look like incredible fun! We've got a 250cc buggy/gokart that is a blast to tear around in, I would imagine yours is more fun!
I often wonder what happened to Lee-online.
Here's one of mine, and no it's not as nice as the picture makes it look. Somewhat of a rescue case. I was at a weekend ride with friends and we were staying at one guys step fathers place for the couple of days. His step day mentioned that the farmer he had stopped by to pick up some corn for the picnic dinner mentioned he had some old bikes out in the shed and wondered if any of the guys spending the weekend would be interested in them. Story was the farmer's kids had the bike to ride on the farm roads and left them behind when they moved out after highschool. As it turned out there were two XS650's and one XS400 in the shed. As I had an XS650 with a sidecar I used to ride to work I was interested if only for parts from the 650's Farmer said make an offer, I said $100 each for the 650's as I had no idea if they ran but did check and they did kick over. He said what about the 400? I said not really interested but how about $200 for all three? He said OK! The 400 did get running and brother son-in-law used it for a couple years then gave it back and I in turn sold it to someone else. One 650 was used for parts and this one was fixed up a bit and put on the road.
Waterfowl hunting and fishing is what takes up my free time.
My Favorite free time activity: Trout fishing, particularly locations that take quite a hike to get to.
My wife saw that pic of bleeding ducks............I tried to tell her they were just drunk on cherry juice. I don't think she bought that lol You are the NEW #1`on her poopy list!
Vetech63, Is your wife a vegetarian? If not then how does she justify being upset at Mike? That said if the only reason for shooting those ducks was to have a trophy to mount on a shelf I would have to agree with her. If they are being used as food that's fine as long as the take is within allowed limits.
Its all good Ken. My wife is just the bleeding heart for all animals.........she feeds every critter that she sees on this land. I hear her whine almost daily about some animal she saw on the road run over.
I’m absolutely fine with that. Hunting and fishing, or killing your own food isn’t for everyone but everyone should at least understand where their food comes from.
These types of toys are my hobbies,
I asked her where her food came from.........she responded "The store!" LMAO I'm not even going to try and go any further.
This guy needs to put some more weight on. That trout is about to pull him into the water!
Not a l lot of calories in trout ....LOL! Funny thing is I hiked 2 hrs to get to that location and caught nothing but smallmouth bass. Over 20 of them. What a blast ! Below is what I was catching all day there.
Mine is still two wheel easy riding, touring. Been on two the second go round for 11 years now, fifteen the first go round.
Beautiful ride DMiller !
Thanks, that was 2012 when first bought it. Is now nine years old but still looks good.
A few of mine. 1974 MGB, 1978 Harley, 1953 Jubilee.
Does she stop the car in the middle of the road to set a box turtle off to the side . Mines done this several times I've asked her if she puts them on the side they were going or where they were coming from , boy did I ever get the stink eye .
To be honest I did this myself just earlier this year, well I tried to pick up the turtle but he/she did not seem to appreciate the help, they can have a much longer neck that you might expect! Never caught my fingers but after the first try I decided to just nudge it to keep it moving. About half the reason I wanted to get it out of the road was to not have it cause a problem for someone on a motorcycle, I imaging hitting one of those could cause a real problem.
We have Armored Possums here now(Armadillos) talk about a BAD Day Cycle riding, have not hit one YET(Knocking on EVERY piece of wood handy).