No hockey, no social functions, no toilet paper. If everything keeps shutting down for covid 19, HEF is all we'll have.
I don't think you can get cover 19 from a Komatsu or a Cat so I'm still doing some work. There are a whole lot of really nervous people here though. The governor here is trying to look effective in his reaction and is trying to use shame to keep everyone locked in a padded cell.
Our schools had their spring break last week, but other provinces are this week, and they are keeping them home for an extra 2 weeks. They say this thing will bankrupt more people than it kills. If you are healthy, it's ok, but the elderly or people in poor health are at risk
Everyone in the shop is over 60, and because our trucks run everywhere and truck stops are filthy I told the other two people in the shop rubber gloves are to be worn when driving a truck in or out of the shop. Gloves immediately disposed and hands washed plus keep/ stay at a range of at least six feet from anyone in the shop. Bleach the all the common things anyone would touch . There are only two types of bacteria that can live in petroleum products and neither are any threat to humans. The boss and dispatch treated this virus like a joke three weeks ago but and thought it was over board wearing gloves-but now have changed their tune when I brought up {What are you going to do when one of the drivers gets sick on the road with a frozen load and is hospitalized} It was a deer in the head light look.
I don't like sports or attend social functions anyways lol. I might start going out more now that people aren't out and about anymore lol. I worry about forgetting to unplug the coffee pot more than this virus.
I mostly work in the woods and by myself on farms, and I really don't like groups of people anyway. (I meant what I said about prefering snakes in that Ok thread) I only go to a city when I have to, so I too am more worried about economic impact.
Me too. I'm half expecting to be given layoff papers when I start back on shift next week. We've been completely dead for work the last 2 weeks. Of course being lowest on the union list means I'm the first one out the door
I think it funny all people are thinking of is wiping a--, what happen to corn cobs and sears catalog, we have lived the best, now comes the worst.
I have a dirty secret. I'm ashamed of myself During these turbulent times of panic buying and hoarding. I told myself I wouldn't do it but I did. I caved into the urge. I hope that my lack of judgement doesn't come back and bite me in the butt. They had Cholula Chipotle hot sauce on sale I bought 3.
I think it's serious enough, but the media is fueling this mass hysteria. The financial impact will be greater than the actual illness. the tinfoil hats are already inventing new theories on how the power behind the world governments are trying to decrease the surplus population.
and there you have it...all public schools in the province of New Brunswick have been shut down, and will re asses in two weeks
Every public venue in STL that can seat 200+ is Closed now, all sports events are shut down so can't even go to a Hockey Game if really wanted to so have to drink beer here!!
Even the VFW fish fry was take-out only tonight...they can seat 250 people so no dine in. Ed
Well I can bet you the beer at home will be better and the price probably 1/4 of what they charge at the sporting event. And if you drink at home the worst that could happen is you make a fool out of yourself in this forum! Don't worry we will understand!
I did the VFW for fish and beer lunch with some friends today. Still serving inside, but many empty seats. Wondering how long they will be doing it with the first case confirmed today in SW PA.
I think the perceived "overreaction" by governments here in North America are a good step in getting this under control. We will have a few weeks or a couple of months of disruptions in social, school and work life in order to reduce the spread. The real issue is overwhelming our health care systems with C19 patients and not being able to care for the normal gall bladder ruptures, car accidents, etc that come through every ER in the US and Canada. Having to triage who lives and who dies due to limited hospital beds is the biggest fear. That's why slowing the spread is paramount.
Yeah feels like they are triing to quarantine the world rite now.my allergies in the south are starting people will think im sick lol maybe they will stay away from me
I'm banking on Corona beer being the cure for Corona virus. Next two weeks will be interesting.
I thought that's you catch it
That's so there isn't a run on it at the grocery store. They might even lower the price.
CM1995 nailed it. This year the hospitals could not handle the flu patients. A family friend lost a healthy and active 15yo daughter to the flu. The hospital she was at had no more breathing machines available. She passed waiting for the helo to take her to UM hospital. Ed
14,000 died of swine flue, just a short coupla years ago, and no big hoopla. So far, I think the total for this kung flu is like 5, 000. So I'm not gonna turn into a hysterical sobbing child over this! Get out, do the job, and do common sense things, like wash your hands, stay away from those that look/sound sick... And now a song, for the times, if you add one letter, in the song title...
Yes that is a major part of the problem. I saw a report on TV last night that among other things listed the number of ventilators available in the US hospitals. I forget the actual numbers but seams like it was under 200,000! When you take into account all the other needs for them that sounds like there is no surplus available to handle even a small outbreak of any kind.
The big concern is not so much the outbreak but how fast can travel if allowed to as proved in China and Italy, One case shows up and it spreads like a CA Wildfire. What they are doing is not playing typical catch up as with Influenzas'. Common colds or runaway flu are a problem if they are not attended in some cases of depressed immune systems where the patients develop pneumonia or other condition associated to fluids build ups. This seems to prefer those types to destroy too.
Damn Ed, I'm sorry to hear that.
Yes, as to sorry to hear on Ed's post. Can be healthy as a horse and still when time is called we have to answer. Hate to hear of kids dying before folks as just not right.