Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Signed for CASE TR320

KSSS ยท 2012-01-01 23:31

My machine arrived and went through it and made sure it was what I ordered. The salesman and I preset the controls at least initially. There was an update done to the E/H which is said to mimic the response and feel of pilots. My machine received that before it left the factory. The feel of these controls is very nice and with the amount of available presets its safe to say that you can configure these machines to about any operator's liking. Once I have more time on the machine I will talk more about the machine's control system. Initially though I was very impressed. The hyd. metering system which is said to be what the update does is very impressive so far. The grapics are different for 2012, very cool. I left the machine at the CASE dealer, CAT will be installing my machine control into this machine for the laser grader attachment in a couple weeks and the sign shop will install my graphics on it. When that is done I will post some pictures of the machine.

Replies12
  1. #1Matt_H2012-01-02 00:16

    I've got over 500hrs now on my tr320(2011 model) to date it has had a couple electriacal issues(throws codes to hyd. sensors)nothing major. We are currently waiting on that update that you speak of as it has not been released to the dealers in Canada yet. Its a beast have fun

  2. #2KSSS2012-01-02 00:30

    Your the first I have come across with some hours on one. That update is really something, I think it could potentially fix the issue everyother OEM has had with E/H and that is the feel and response of the controls. We will see.

  3. #3Matt_H2012-01-02 09:12

    That is the major complaint that my guys are having with this machine right now(EH controls)but seeing how my other machines are the old linkage style case its a big difference. I myself have not spent to many hrs in the 320 maybe 50hrs it did take some getting used to, defintly need to think about what your doing before you do it so its timed right with the response of the machine. But with that being said I can't beleave I waited so long to buy a tracked unit.

  4. #4toomuchtime2012-01-02 10:35

    congrats! Going from pilots to E/h is not that bad you will get use to it!

  5. #5KSSS2012-01-02 12:01

    thanks, I spent about 13 hours in a demo TR 320 this Summer. I bet 5 hours of that was spent just getting used to the controls. I was putting in a driveway and it took a lot longer for me to do than it would have normally, as I was struggling with the controls. I did adjust like Toomuchtime suggests. This machine has a much different feel to it (due to the upgrade) and the ability to change the speed and response time of the controls. I think this machine will be easier to adjust to. The hard part will be going back and forth from control systems, my 465 is not E/H.

  6. #6Matt_H2012-01-02 15:53

    One thing you will really like is the relocation of the oil filter and drain no more laying underneath and having to lift cab to get to the filter oil. The ability to service this machine is awesome and thats something to get excited about in my mind.

  7. #7KSSS2012-01-02 19:33

    They would have to work really hard to make it more of a PINTA than what the 400 series was. The XTs were not convient but acceptable. However when they moved away from the Cummins engine. It went from bad to worse in the 400 series. The body was built around the 3.9T and not the 4.5 it showed when you tried service the machine.

  8. #8CM19952012-01-02 19:46

    Congrats on getting your new machine KSSS.:drinkup Hope it gives you many hours of great service. What width tracks did you order? Looking at the spec sheet Case offers 15.7" and 17.7". http://www.caseih.com/en_us/Products/SkidSteers/Documents/TR320_d4 final.pdf

  9. #9KSSS2012-01-02 20:15

    Thanks. Its got the 17.7 track. There was a 10 year stretch where I was buying and replacing machines every year or every other year. The current economic conditions have changed that dramatically (the machine I am trading in is an 06) so it feels like a much bigger deal than it used to. Amazing how the landscape has changed, just glad to still being able to move forward in business.

  10. #10CM19952012-01-02 20:51

    Yeah it has for me too, dramatically. The newest machine I am running is an '06, they're all paid for so if they sit it doesn't hurt except for the insurance cost. Work is intermittent here and there is not enough work load to justify buying a new machine. When the economy gets better (and it will ) I will be looking at replacing my T250 as it has been road hard and put up wet. There is nothing like the thrill of getting new machine!

  11. #11Matt_H2012-01-04 20:56

    Theres nothing like the first scatch on a new machine either.

  12. #12xcmark2012-01-05 20:15

    that doesnt hurt as bad as the first scratch on a new truck!