Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Silage Cutting 09

stock · 2009-06-01 15:10

Well its the first of June and like horses out of starting gates spurred on by the fact that some one forgot to turn off the sun (its been 20-24 deg c for the bank holiday weekend)the silage contractors have hit the road at full pace so as I came across them and I had a camera here goes

Replies22
  1. #1stock2009-06-01 15:24

    I have more but the bb is so poor tonite I will leave it for a while and try again later Stock

  2. #2stock2009-06-01 17:02
  3. #3stock2009-06-01 17:25

    And a different contractor A 6610 with saddle tanks a ford 7810 and Kane rear dump jcb ensiling grass

  4. #4bigblueox2009-06-01 21:46

    you guys fancy those jcb loaders! nice pics

  5. #5Cretebaby2009-06-06 11:31

    We are chopping old school

  6. #6stock2009-06-07 09:28

    another way to ensile grass

  7. #7stock2009-06-07 09:33

    What make is the harvester? and what size deere is pulling it ? how come you don't side fill? Great tractors those 399mf as was it predecessor the 699 some lads here fitted aftermarket turbo to them without issues afterwards STOCK

  8. #8Cretebaby2009-06-07 14:05

    New Holland It is a 7420 ~125 hp Usually short handed with only 2 of us plus there is to much leaf loss in drier alfalfa. We fill over the side when the big boys come to do our corn silage. Ya the 399 is pretty tough to beat for that job. We fill over the side helping the neighbors

  9. #9stock2009-06-09 16:12

    Well you wanted old school so here goes the loader is a 1985 L50 and the tractor is an IH 956

  10. #10stock2009-06-09 16:30

    Old school The L50 These two are both 1980 and a 428 of 92 vintage

  11. #11stock2009-06-09 16:43

    But when the L50 is up to the task we got this a 07 jcb 426

  12. #12stock2009-06-09 16:45

    the view from the cockpit

  13. #13stock2009-08-17 03:35

    Last weekend a friend who was working on a project decided to try it out and I was invited along to see the result so enjoy the piccs we have lift off the engine that he fitted

  14. #14stock2009-08-17 04:11

    View attachment 46456

  15. #15Cretebaby2009-08-17 10:14

    I don't get it, why not just get a tractor that is up to the task?

  16. #16bigblueox2009-08-17 10:22

    neat idea. kinda transgressing though.

  17. #17stock2009-08-17 11:30

    That question was asked by yours truly and the reasons given are as follows He cuts silage for a week in 52 He has no other need for a 180hp tractor A tractor of that size would run to €10000+ +(taxes) The engine cost him €500 he fitted it for less than a €1000 As there is no pto it can turn very tight at the end of the swarths uses less than a gal /acre on diesel and well he enjoyed doing it over the winter

  18. #18Cretebaby2009-08-17 13:41

    Some of those reasons makes sense, some not so much, LOL

  19. #19stock2009-08-17 14:18

    Ask and I will see if I can make it more understandable....

  20. #20Cretebaby2009-08-17 15:26

    Thats alright, I understand completely

  21. #21willie592009-08-17 21:38

    Wow...I wish everthing was that was easy!

  22. #22MJB12009-11-05 07:36

    nice pics stock , L50 looks to be in good nick