here are some more photos taken last weekend. this track loader really interested me. the chains to lift the bucket really blew me away. i had seen cable pulls but not the chain ones. i even ran a cable pull dozer once or twice. any way anyone with any info would be appreciated. here are the photos.
I got a book from when I was a kid, got to find it. But thats an up and over loader. The whole bucket swings up and over the cab and dumps behind the machine.
hmmmmm....... what purpose would that serve?? i knew it caught my eye for a reason!!!!!!!
I didn't even know they made such a thing cool.
pry for mineing dumps on a conveyer and out of the mine?
it think it was used in a mining operation. the place has alot of old mining equipment. did you guys check out my other pics?? the northwest shovel and haul truck?? anyway i will post more pics when i get more time.... lot of interesting stuff. hopefully we can find some info on this track loader.
That machine should be an old Eimco THey made alot of specialty crawlers in the 40' to the 60's mostly mining rigs. They had the cab ahead of the engine. Alot were used in the Marine and army engineers. THey had a torque converter drive and think differential steering to. Pretty advanced for their time. That over head loader is called either an over head or overshot loader and they loaded mostly into conveyors but alot of them with longer arms were made for loading trucks. I operated one for an old man on an ancient TD9 that was all hydraulic to load some 5 yard trucks. Handy not having to turn the machine to load the truck especially on that old thing. They mostly had eith a round roof or a pointed barn style rood on them the shed off any lost objects. http://www.album-mmt.it/ This web site is in Italian but the pics are neat do a seard for Eimco or over shot.
There are some cool pics on the site I tried searching over shot, but didn't get anything.
Hey, Taylor, I'd been wondering what ever happened to you. Nice to see you here again...
Hey Digger Ive missed the site, I have been working like a stole mule. Its the busy part of the year at the land fill and I got abunch of side work at the lake with my excavator and skid steer loader. Im rebuilding my old truck and building a 95 F700 with low miles into a contractors dump. Also building a few more attachment at the time to. An if Im not doing one of those Im running equipment for my older brother. Or out steam cleaning. Then I have to try to fit in relaxing and woman chasing lol. I hope all of you folks are busy this year. On the EImco loader I think the most common machinces in the line up was a 103 104 and a 105.
thanks for the info taylor. i really appreciate it!!!!!
Thanks, When I first saw an Eimco one the internet Icouldnt beleive that it was and american made crawler. I mean that I didnt think anyone but Cat Case IHC Deere or AC was the only ones around. Several found there way out west and over seas. I started collecting pictures and links to them. Theres one in a colmine about 3 hours from here Im trying to buy now.
There is another brand of track loader that also loads from front to back.My Dad told me he operated one and I'm positive it was'nt a Eimco.He would have loved this site-too bad--he had more stories than I can remember.
Pettibone Millekin was the name I think,might not be spelled right but I have seen them in the past in advertisements.Ron G
that overshot loader for sale by chance?
The original Eimco overhead loader was designed for loading rough material like boulders , rock , stones into dumpers by moving just a little forward and back . Look at the spade type bucket . Later they came out with a rather sophisticated loader . Some came to Europ . They also made a dozer on the same basis , but they had no great succes . There were other brands that made these overhead loaders like Fiat (50 years ago). Have a nice day , johan7