Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Similar machine?

Drewblood ยท 2015-12-29 21:00

I have been unsuccessful finding any local shop that works on Case equipment. If/when I am able to figure out why my arm won't lift, I'm going to sell my Case 445CT and replace it with a similar machine that local shops will work on.....CAT, Bobcat, Kubota, etc. Any suggestions on a similar machine by these companies to my 445CT? Only requirement is that it has tracks.....can't use a Skid Steer in the dirt/mud I deal with around my Mt House. Thanks in advance for recommendations Drew

Replies8
  1. #1mikebramel2015-12-29 21:35

    Doesn't make much sense. The Case is the same thing as the others. If they can't fix that they're lawn mower mechanics

  2. #2KSSS2015-12-29 21:39

    You don't have a CASE dealer in the area? I would start with looking at your lock outs. Typically it is a cab sensor, seat sensor or door sensor. Any heavy equipment mechanic can work on them, just like any other brand. The components like all others, are off the shelf. There is no mystery to it.

  3. #3Drewblood2015-12-29 23:12

    I couldn't agree more....but they say they will not work on Case and can't get parts.

  4. #4kshansen2015-12-30 07:25

    Where did this Case 445CT come from? Hard to believe there isn't a dealer or shop in Georgia that works on Case equipment. Before spending more money trying to replace this machine might be worth the money to purchase a service manual and learn to fix it yourself. This day and age getting parts should not be a problem unless you need them first thing this morning. A credit card and internet access and just about any part can be found from several places. And if the cost of a service manual sounds high, just check to see how much any dealer charges to send a mechanic out to you, just the travel time for a couple service calls will most-likely cost more than the manual. The chance he will have that sensor or what ever part in his truck is low so he will be making two trips fix even the most minor problem. There are plenty of people on this forum who can help figure out the problem on just about any piece of equipment built in the last 100 years. Just need to be able to describe the problem in detail and do some checking as people make suggestions.

  5. #5Drewblood2015-12-30 15:26

    I posted the problem I am having with my CTL, but zero responses.

  6. #6ih1002015-12-30 15:55

    Perhaps have a look at the response, above, from KSSS? Do you expect emails of the workshop manual before you've checked the basics?

  7. #7Drewblood2015-12-30 16:39

    I was referring to a different post about the problem, this tread was about similar models

  8. #8Drewblood2015-12-30 16:45

    In my problem post, I mentioned that I can move and curl the bucket, which I believe means it is not a sensor lockout, correct? And no, I don't EXPECT anything, I would be greatful for any help anyone would offer me. Not sure what I said to prompt that kind of response.