I like the way the guy is wearing his Hard Hat while operating the simulator...now thats dedication to safety.....somebody might have dropped a clipboard on him. http://www.cat.com/cda/files/283946/7/60ExcavatorSimulator.wmv
That's pretty cool. Good thing that guy has a simulator to practice with, he would be fired on a production job on account of him being way too slow! Kinda interesting though, I would love to have something like that to play with while I'm here at college, I haven't been on a machine in like 3 months, I'm going nuts.
i'd like to try that...see if i could turn the truck over :yup the armrests need lowered in relation to the seat...
Here's a couple of low cost options to get the needed "fix" of heavy equipment joy, granted nothing matches the real thing. Backhoe simulator on howstuffworks.com, too bad it's Deere controls http://science.howstuffworks.com/backhoe-sim/ Powershovel, actually a pretty fun excavator game for the Playstation. I know it helped me learn the controls when we bought our backhoe without putting anyone's life in danger http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005KAPS/gamecriticscom/002-4897984-7452853
Thanks for the links. I don't have a PS, but I did try out the backhoe simulator, that's pretty cool.
Squizzy -- do you have a way to access that link without clicking on it? (In other words, a file path that would take me to the page where the link is contained.)
Xing, on the right hand side, there is two of them: http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=96642&x=7
Thanks! And here I was, thinking that this was on the Cat AU site... I don't know when the video is from, but the system is pretty controllable. And expensive (compared to your 2006 version of Flight Simulator, anyhow!).
must be somebody from cat's office. you're right cascade, he's wayyyyy too slow. spoil pile not 2' away from excavation minimum....and i see a good operator as one who has his bucket dumped at the end of his swing cycle into a truck, not swinging over the truck, stopping, then dumping...lose a lot of cycles that way
And, he also kept the bucket just off the ground, swung to the side of the truck, lifted straight up, then swung over box to dump instead of making it one large motion. SLOW!
Lets face it..He's Fired!