Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Single Axle truck, 20ton trailer and a 953

Moremph ยท 2017-04-24 16:55

I am looking at buying a 953 loader. What is your opinions on pulling a 953 loader on a 20 ton drag behind a 33k lb single axle chassis. I have a super nice M2-112 Freightliner with a 10 spd 430hp with engine brake, that i would be pulling it with. I moved a friends 953 years ago behind his 330pete with a 8.3 cummins and a 10spd and i remember it did the job just didnt do it fast. Truthfully its probably going to get moved 5 or 6 times a year in a 50 mile radius with reaching out to our farm 125 miles away 2 or 3 times ever. Thanks Travis

Replies2
  1. #1Canadian_digger2017-04-24 21:48

    What's the loader weigh.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2017-04-26 20:38

    Sounds to me like you would have plenty of truck and trailer for a 953. Air brakes all around? Classs A license?