So the story is I just bought a second-hand, mostly refurbished, Single drum compactor. Its is in pretty good condition except for one major issue: As soon as I turn on Vibration, the vibration is transferred to the frame shaking everything truly excessively... It is sort of like double jumping (except I'm on soft un-compacted ground). The blade at the front has a little wear in the bushings an sounds like a church bell being rung at high speed... I thought maybe the rubbers were gone, but they at least look in good condition - no idea if they have been over-torqued but they look OK... Is there some bolt that I've missed that lock the drum to the frame for transport perhaps? Does anyone have any manuals for the SD-40 (nothing came with it)... Any help appreciated! (I'll stick a few photos up later in the week) Red
I can't claim to know much about those. But could the vibration speed be adjusted? Running too fast or too slow. I'm thinking that the harmonics of the vibrator are being carried through the machine instead of being transferred to the ground. Another thought, could the rubbers have gotten hard with age?
As stated above ,may be a problem with rubber isolators. Photo would help