Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sinopec Lubricants

Jose Alvarez · 2020-12-08 16:34

Hello! In looking at buying bulk lubricants and I ran across a brand I have not heard of before "Sinopec". In looking at their products in comparison with Shell's, its almost half the price with free delivery. Does anyone have any experience with these lubricants? I am attaching the technical data sheets for each lubricant that I am comparing. Thanks in advance for your input!

Replies6
  1. #1treemuncher2020-12-08 23:50

    I've been using it the past 3-4 years. Hydraulic oils and engine oil and moly grease. Exceptionally slick hydraulic oil that is difficult to get off your hands. The sales rep explained to me that all of their oils run through the Shell refinery system, same piping as Shell products. My cousin, a petro engineer, explained that if it had the certifications to match or beat factory equipment requirements that it would be quality stuff. No problems for me and it does not feel so bad to my wallet when a hose blows and dumps a 55 gallon drum of oil before I can get the leak stopped.

  2. #2Jose Alvarez2020-12-09 08:14

    Thanks @treemuncher I'm with ya on the "not feeling so bad on the wallet"!

  3. #3Rob Rodriguez2020-12-29 08:57

    A good way to sample the oils before you go with getting bulk, also the buckets are per 4.75 gallons per bucket when you run the numbers (15W40 HD - $39) https://www.walmart.com/ip/Synthetic-Diesel-Engine-Oil-15W40-5-Gallon-Pail-18L-4-75-GAL/543870848 (AW 68 HYD - $26) https://www.walmart.com/ip/Anti-wear-Hydraulic-Oil-ISO-VG-68-5-Gallon-18-Liter/927671781 (AW 46 HYD - $26) https://www.walmart.com/ip/AW-46-Pr...il-Fluid-5-Gallon-Pail-18L-4-75-GAL/591535174 (Trans/hyd/gear all in one - $40) https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tractor-...il-Fluid-5-Gallon-Pail-18L-4-75-GAL/291278145

  4. #4Jose Alvarez2020-12-29 09:24

    Thanks @Rob Rodriguez !

  5. #5gwhammy2020-12-29 18:31

    I've been running the hydraulic oil for a couple years in my cat loaders and 200 excavator. I've seen no problems with it. I did go back to 10 weight as the next heavier seems to thick for winter in northern Mo.

  6. #6jack_lee2026-09-08 02:50

    I know this is an old thread. I've been using the L-HM 68 hydraulic oil for quite some time now. The performance is rather promising so far. Recently, my suppliers told me that the L-HM 68 will be replaced by the AE 68 in Malaysia, which is of better quality. They said that SINOPEC will stop producing the L-HM 68. I just want to know how true this is. Anyone has any idea?