Picked up a P5000 Cat forklift. Went to SIS and tried looking up the oil filter part number and its unable to recognize the SN. Its AT35003871 with attachment SS39P251 Maybe I'm putting it in the wrong place but have no issue with the other stuff I have
I don't have SIS, but for some reason I'm thinking it used to not cover the forklifts. The cat forklifts are mostly just rebadged something or other, CAT owned the old towmotor for a while, and I know we had one that was a mitsubishi forklift with cat's name and paint color. We couldn't get parts for it from the Cat man, they had to come from the forklift dealer- but this was over 10 years ago also.
That would explain it. Might need to look all over it to see if I can find something else that can lead me toward info
Looked up specs for the model list a K25 motor which is made by Nissan
Cat forklifts were never on SIS. IIRC they are on another site entirely and I never had reason to go looking to know what it is.
web site is https://catlifttruck.com/ but it requires a different ID/password to the one that works for SIS.
Thanks Nige
Just found a PDF service manual for the K25 motor Seeing oil is 5W30 to 10W40, most use 30W Nissan oil filter of 15208-01B0B which crosses to several
The FL has 1075 hours and other then a little dusty looks great. The guy I bought it from is not hard on equipment, but doesn't do much maintenance. Changed the oil and it's about a quart high, and its milky. Thinking haven't changed it in a few years so condensation maybe the issue with water.
Mine used to look like that until I decided to let it idle more instead of shutting it off every time I go to rig something up. Gets it hotter and stays hotter and the condensation went away 100%. Before, it was quite bad. Burns a lot more fuel that way though.
Most likely, never runs long enough
I worked on three or four P5000 forklifts running LPG. They were not bad machines. Steering pins and bushings is about all they ever needed. And tires.
Would look forward to your opinion on current issue. Have started another thread but its a E27 error