Been on here asked ng several times can anyone help me diagnose my instrument gauge cluster on my sk 120 lp05248. Please
Possibly, Im recovering at home from back surgery so I don't have much info in front of me, is this a mark 3 machine or a mark 4? What works on the cluster gage and what doesn't work? I see in a different post you sometimes lose travel power, when does it come and when does it go?
Hey thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear about the back I know what that is all about. As I have listed on here many times I have multiple issues and don't know where to start. The gauge cluster screen comes on solid black when I key the machine on then it goes out and sometimes blinks on solid black again. Nothing else works. No rpm LEDs no fuel gauge no heat gauge. Oh yait is the III from what I can tell. My h,s,fc,d will switch from fast to slow. And two speed travel-good. When you try to travel you can push the lever and nothing. Most of the time you can work th swing and it will kick in and go. If I swing the machine 90 to the right and raise track you can hold lever down and track will go after about 10 sec. But if you hit left track lever it will stop. Really think it is a swivel problem but haven't put a gauge on machine yet.
I don't know weather is o start with the electric problem or hydraulic. I'm sure one can effect the other
You got a lot going on there! Make sure you fuses are good. The cluster gage has it' s own controller easiest to access is by removing the seat and then the panel on the right hand side under the controls. The controller is mounted on the panel. Since nothing works on your cluster gage i'm suspicious that's the problem. There is no test for the controller exept to make sure it's getting 24v and to swap it with a known good one. You can take the cover off it and look inside, if there's water damage it's junk. Ive never found a good used one. Now for your hydraulics. Put your h,s,fc,d, switch on the 'd'. This splits the pumps so one pump runs the tracks and one pump runs the boom, arm, bucket, and swing. (this does make everything slow) If one track works good but not both you have a pilot oil, swivel joint, or travel motor problem. I'm not working these days but i'll see if I can get a electrical schematic to help.
I downloaded a service manual and checked power and ground to controller=good. I sent both controllers and screen to a place called global electronics to be checked and repaired. I think that was a waste of time and money. I am leaning towards a bad controllers cause I have no thing working. I ran the machine all day Sunday I had a hydraulic leak and didn't know it and when it got low I notice left track, boom up and down ,and swing made pump chatter. Left track actually quit. I usually run it in d cause im taking out trees and brush and dont need it to go real fast. Also notice both solenoids on both pump one and two have wires cut. I can live with the no gauges and manual throttle if I can get the hydraulic system working right. I checked the pressure at the gear pump it was good.I have to get some adapters to check the rest.
Also noticed if going down hill and let off left travel have no brake brake works fine other wise. And if I am swinging and push left travel I loose swing brake
With the wires cut at the solenoid valves at the pump govenors you wont get good hyd pump control because those solenoid valves are how the controller controls swash plate angle. In d mode pump 2 runs the tracks and pump 1 runs the overhead so your swing and left track should be completely independent of each other. In H mode p2 runs left track and swing so you may have a pump/ gov problem. Update us on pressures when you get them.
Ok I won't have adapters to read pressure till Saturday. I found all four wires that go to p1 and p2 solenoids but the schematic I have doesn't tell me which one goes to which Sol. Looks like one comes out of controller and the other comes out of the select release switch.